Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Move files to folders without navigating full path each time

• Replies:3
sanmahaan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 4, 2018, 6:19:52 PM via Website

Every time I have to move files in my android phone, I find that I have to navigate from the start to reach the folder and then click "Move Here" to move my files.
I wish to avoid this repeated task of having to navigate each time to the folder, by using shortcuts.
But the issue I am facing is that shortcuts to folders appear on Homescreen, but they are not visible when the Move operation ( of files) is being done.
Request to know an app that will help in this ; or something that I am missing out

PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Jun 15, 2018, 2:43:52 AM via Website

ES File Manager may work for you. Long-press on the folder you want to use as shortcut, tap More > Add to favorite, then it will show in Favorite list, which can be accessed through Menu(up-left corner). Next time, when you need to move files to the folder, just long-press on the file, choose copy/move, then tap Menu(up-left corner) > the folder in Favorite list > Paste.

Helpful?
sanmahaan
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 15, 2018, 12:55:27 PM via Website

I am using ES File Manager and I have tried your steps. I am still unable to view any item to click on to , to view the shortcuts.
On the "Move To" screen the only options I can see are ..
1) the back arrow, to enable selection of directories
2) + folder option -- that is for creating a new folder
3) the UpDown arrows -- that is for sorting the listed contents.

No other option option is visible ..especially something to select and view the Shortcuts or the Favorites.

Hoping that I have missed something and hopefully it can solve my issue.

Helpful?
PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Jun 19, 2018, 5:30:31 AM via Website

sanmahaan

I am using ES File Manager and I have tried your steps. I am still unable to view any item to click on to , to view the shortcuts.
On the "Move To" screen the only options I can see are ..
1) the back arrow, to enable selection of directories
2) + folder option -- that is for creating a new folder
3) the UpDown arrows -- that is for sorting the listed contents.

No other option option is visible ..especially something to select and view the Shortcuts or the Favorites.

Hoping that I have missed something and hopefully it can solve my issue.

Sorry, forget to mention that you should use Copy instead of Move to, in order to access Menu > Favorite. Cut is more similar to Move to, but both Cut and Move to are not very secure for moving files, especially between SD card and phone memory, where transfer interruption could cause file loss.

— modified on Jun 19, 2018, 8:47:49 AM

Helpful?