Google Galaxy Nexus — How do I unlock a phone that's been Google locked from a previous owner?

• Replies:7
  • Answered
jack martin
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 15, 2018, 10:45:26 AM via Website

how do i unlock my phone?

Best answer
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jan 24, 2019, 12:19:37 PM via Website

That's spam, never ever give anyone money to unlock your phone like that.

And the phone isn't obsolote or anything, it's simply locked because the previous owner didn't delete his Google account before resetting the phone. If that happens, the phone will ask for the credentials to unlock the phone.

The only thing you can really do is get in touch with the previous owner and get him to set up the phone again, delete his Google account and reset the phone again.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 11, 2018, 4:48:07 PM via Website

I heard quite some time ago that Google has discontinued support of the Nexus phones.
I don't think your nexus has been locked.
I think Google has rendered it obsolete with the new advancements in the Android software!

Helpful?
devinhugo
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2019, 9:40:49 AM via Website

1. Enter your mobile information like IMEI code directly by dialing *#06# on your phone and you will get your 15 digit IMEI number.

2. Pay safely through PayPal with protected 100% money back guarantee.

3. Receive a unlock code by email enter the code in your phone and guess what it will get unlocked.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jan 24, 2019, 11:46:51 AM via Website

devinhugo

1. Enter your mobile information like IMEI code directly by dialing *#06# on your phone and you will get your 15 digit IMEI number.

2. Pay safely through PayPal with protected 100% money back guarantee.

3. Receive a unlock code by email enter the code in your phone and guess what it will get unlocked.

Devinhugo
How do they get to the phone app when the phone is locked?
Maybe Jack should call Google from a different phone?

— modified on Jan 24, 2019, 11:52:08 AM

Helpful?
Best answer
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jan 24, 2019, 12:19:37 PM via Website

That's spam, never ever give anyone money to unlock your phone like that.

And the phone isn't obsolote or anything, it's simply locked because the previous owner didn't delete his Google account before resetting the phone. If that happens, the phone will ask for the credentials to unlock the phone.

The only thing you can really do is get in touch with the previous owner and get him to set up the phone again, delete his Google account and reset the phone again.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jan 24, 2019, 1:32:46 PM via Website

Jack
Bastian has the best suggestion!
But let me ask you a question.
How did you purchase that phone?
Was it from a friend, relative, or maybe on the internet?

Helpful?
William Hunt
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 24, 2019, 9:22:24 PM via Website

Dude, you had to check all these things before buying the phone, Now, you have to reach the previous owner of the phone, with the help of that person you can easily fix your issue.

Helpful?
BobSinovsky
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 28, 2019, 9:29:10 AM via Website

sell your phone)

Helpful?