Lost my Android device and need to recover contacts that weren't backed up to Google...HELPPP!!!

• Replies:12
Julia Pastore
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 22, 2018, 12:22:17 AM via Website

lost my Android device-need to recover contacts that weren't backed up to Google-HELP

I had an Obama phone (android) through Safelink...the model was ZTE something or other. Most of my contacts were backed up to my Google account but it seems that the contacts I saved in the recent weeks were NOT backed up. I very much NEED a couple of those contacts and can't seem to find any way to get them on my new iPhone or Macbook Air. I've researched a TON too! I have old Android devices that work but aren't hooked up with any service anymore, but I can obviously still use them on wifi....if that might aid me in recovering my contacts.

I am doubtful that there's any way to help me at this point so if you have any way that might work PLEEAAAASSSSEEE HELP!!!!

Thank you sooo sooo much in advance, I am very grateful for any leads!

Best-Julia

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jun 22, 2018, 11:45:51 AM via Website

Julia
If the contracts you seek were not backed up by google, then the only way to retrieve them is to find that lost phone!
I have always kept a paper copy of my contacts just in case!
You know!
In a old fashion device called a address book!
Sorry i don't mean to be sarcastic but sometimes we rely on these electronic devices too much.

— modified on Jun 22, 2018, 11:47:30 AM

Helpful?
Deactivated AccountJulia Pastore
Julia Pastore
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 23, 2018, 10:12:20 PM via Website

Thanks so much for your reply! I had a feeling all was lost but I optimistically hoped I was wrong. I left the phone in a motel and called right when I realized, which was a half hr later. The manager said he found it and would hold it for me in the office. When I was set to go 2 days later I called to confirm before my commute. He said that he never said that and there’s no phone in the office. 😮😒

I couldn’t believe it! And it was a piece of shit half broken (soft and hardware) Obama phone! But it was valuable to me because of the contacts.

I already backed up my current contacts on my new phone to an excel doc! Ur absolutely right...I should not rely on just the cloud backup.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Jun 24, 2018, 4:47:42 AM via Website

Get your phone bill all the numbers you have called are there. You will have to figure out who is who but you will at least have the numbers. They are usually available on line so it should be easy enough. I away keep a second sim I back up number to.

Helpful?
Brenden7
Brenden7
  • Forum posts: 7

Jun 24, 2018, 12:08:58 PM via Website

Mark

Get your phone bill all the numbers you have called are there. You will have to figure out who is who but you will at least have the numbers. They are usually available on line so it should be easy enough. I away keep a second sim I back up number to.

This is not the right way to get back of all lost contacts.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jun 24, 2018, 12:33:50 PM via Website

Julia
Thank you for the thumbs up!
I wish i could have been more help in retrieving your lost contacts! But while reading your last message i had a idea!
That Obama phone you lost - maybe your phone carrier can track it's signal and pinpiont its location!
I know that is a long shot, but it might help you find that device!
You should give it a try , not just for the contacts but for the private and personal files that you had in that device!
Take care pretty lady!
Lindsay

Helpful?
JexHaru
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 28, 2018, 10:35:25 AM via Website

Oh it is horrible

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jun 28, 2018, 11:49:43 AM via Website

Jexharu
You are suppose to respond to post with helpful suggestions. Mocking and making jest like that is rude and disrespecting!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
JexHaru
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 29, 2018, 12:10:31 PM via Website

Sorry

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jul 2, 2018, 5:07:09 AM via Website

It is better if you do not lose your phone. But even so, you are advised to prepare for the day you lose your phone. This will protect the safety of the data on your phone. And the followings are some tips for you:

• Set a PIN or Touch ID. With the screen lock pattern or Touch ID, others are unable to enter your phone directly. This would greatly improve the device security. Besides screen, you can set a passcode for the applications on your phone as well.
  • Register your phone for location tracking. Android as well as iPhone allow users to locate a device. After that, you can sign in the account to access to the service from another device. This would help you to track the device.
  • Log out of the Apps if you do not use them. Almost all the people are used to remember the passcodes of the accounts so that they can enter the applications directly next time. This is really convenient but really dangerous for the reason that others can enter your account without typing account name and password as well. So you should always log out of Apps when you don't use them.
  • Backup important data on your device. Once the device is stolen or lost, you will lose all the files on the device. So you'd better make a backup regularly which can help you get back the data more easily.
Helpful?
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jul 2, 2018, 5:15:44 AM via Website

When you cannot find your Android phone, you need to:

1. Make sure whether your phone is lost

If you cannot find your mobile phone, the first thing you need to do is to ensure whether the device is really lost or just misplaced. You can simply confirm that by calling the device. Or you can use Android Device Manager to track the device. If you make sure that the device is truly gone, you need to take action right away.

1. Change the passwords of important accounts

Once you lose your phone, the most important thing is to change the passcodes of the accounts that you have signed in on the device. To achieve that, you can login to your accounts on computer and then go with the instructions on the screen to change the passwords. This would protect the security of your personal information and property.

1. Wipe your phone remotely

At last, remember to erase the data on your phone which can 100% guarantee the security of your phone data. But you are only suggested to do this operation when you absolutely ensure that the phone is stolen cause these erased data is unable to be recovered unless you have backed up them to computer or other device in advance.

— modified on Jul 20, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 2, 2018, 11:01:07 AM via Website

Ceciclia
Your reply to Julia's post was sent to me instead.
When you want to reply to someone's post make sure you tap the reply on thier post not someone else's.
Julia won't see your message unless she logs on and reviews all of the reply's
In reguards to your suggestions for Julia,
Doing any financial business on these smartphones is a bad idea.they are far to easy to get hacked!
Lindsay

Helpful?
tom Sam
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 22, 2021, 2:20:45 PM via Website

If you don't sync contacts to Google Cloud, you can try the Android recovery tool to extract and find out contacts, if the contacts did not been replaced, you can restore them. And you had better to stop using the phone, else new create data will cover deleted data.
Try it: android-recovery-transfer.com/recover-deleted-contacts-from-android-phone.html

— modified on Apr 22, 2021, 3:59:56 PM

Helpful?