- Forum posts: 1
Aug 31, 2018, 7:05:29 PM via Website
Aug 31, 2018 7:05:29 PM via Website
I have sent my phone for repair and have a temporary phone with little space. When I tried to restore my whatsapp history (from the backup I did on google drive from the main phone), it told me it can not restore it because there is not enough space.
Even if I accept to do without the history on the temporary phone (hopefully the repair will not take too long), I will still be left with a problem when I get back my primary phone (with lots of available storage):
- Either I restore today's current backup on the main phone when I get it back, and then I lose any conversations that I will receive on the temporary phone
- Or I restore the latest backup on the main phone and then I lose the old conversations.
I have thougth of several routes but I don't know if any is feasible:
- Backup only the text parts on the temp phone (the images are anyway backupped on an external drive)
- Do without the history on the temporary phone and then "merge" the two backups
- Worst case: uninstall whatsapp from the temporary phone and do without until I get the main one back