Unable to download apps from Play store

• Replies:13
  • Answered
Waqar Ghafoor
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 6, 2018, 4:29:50 PM via Website

I am trying to install apps from play store since yesterday but it gives me a weird error that the apps can't be downloaded. Some error like Cant download right now Error 971. Need help to resolve this issue

Best answer
Progesterony
  • Forum posts: 27

Sep 7, 2018, 2:24:02 PM via Website

Try to clear your cache and data:

Go to Settings >> Apps >> All >> scroll down and select "Google Play Store"
Select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data"
Again, go to Settings >> Apps >> All >> scroll down and select "Google Play Services"

Another reason can be some of the latest updates:

Go to Settings >> Apps >> All
scroll down and select "Google play "
Tap "Uninstall Updates"
Now try to download the app or game.

— modified on Sep 7, 2018, 2:25:41 PM

Helpful?
SorinWaqar Ghafoor
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 7, 2018, 3:37:53 AM via Website

Were you unable to download any apps or just some specific apps? Was there enough free space in your device storage? Or did your Google account work well?

— modified on Sep 7, 2018, 10:16:50 AM

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 7, 2018, 1:28:05 PM via Website

Just an idea!
Instead of using play store app,
Access play store from the internet instead!

Helpful?
Sorin
Best answer
Progesterony
  • Forum posts: 27

Sep 7, 2018, 2:24:02 PM via Website

Try to clear your cache and data:

Go to Settings >> Apps >> All >> scroll down and select "Google Play Store"
Again, go to Settings >> Apps >> All >> scroll down and select "Google Play Services"

Another reason can be some of the latest updates:

Go to Settings >> Apps >> All
scroll down and select "Google play "
Tap "Uninstall Updates"
Now try to download the app or game.

— modified on Sep 7, 2018, 2:25:41 PM

Helpful?
SorinWaqar Ghafoor
nitinlahoti
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 10, 2018, 9:19:08 AM via Website

Then try on play store website using any browser. I guess this will work for you.

Helpful?
CCarol
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 11, 2018, 8:27:55 AM via Website

Try the following ways on your phone:
Method 1: Clear the cached data in Play Store. Go to "Settings" > "Application" > "Google Play Store" > "Storage". Then, select both "CLEAR CACHE" and "CLEAR DATA".
Method 2: Log out and back in your account. Navigate to "Settings" > "Google account" > "Sign out". You might as well power off your device and then sign back in your Google account to see whether it helps.
Method 3: Reset app preference. Open the "Settings" app and swipe to "Application". Then, choose the "three dots" icon on the upper left and choose "Reset app preferences". After reading the notes, touch "RESET" to proceed.
Method 4: Make sure the date and time settings is correct. Go to "Settings" > "General management" > "Date and time". Please toggle off and then on the "Automatic date and time" option.
Method 5: Force stop the Google Play Store ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Google Play Store" > "FORCE STOP") and see whether the problem persists.
Method 6: Uninstall updates on Google Play Store: "Settings" > "Application" > "Google Play services" and touch the tree dots on the top right. Select "Uninstall updates".

Hope these helpful! :P

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 11, 2018, 11:40:53 AM via Website

Were you connected to a WiFi signal when you tried to install those apps?
I know for a lot of updates you must be on a WiFi connection. It may be the same for apps!

Helpful?
CCarol

Sep 15, 2018, 8:09:49 AM via Website

There are three ways you can try:
1. Clear the cached data in Play Store. Go to "Settings" > "Application" > "Google Play Store" > "Storage". Then, select both "CLEAR CACHE" and "CLEAR DATA".
2. Force stop the Google Play Store ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Google Play Store" > "FORCE STOP") and see whether the problem persists.
3. Uninstall updates on Google Play Store: "Settings" > "Application" > "Google Play services" and touch the tree dots on the top right. Select "Uninstall updates".

Helpful?
zozo_zozo_her
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 15, 2018, 12:44:41 PM via Website

Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store and select both Clear data and Clear cache and finally Uninstall updates. Restart your device, open Google Play Store and try to download the app again i think this can help u

Helpful?
Nisha Joshi
  • Forum posts: 38

Dec 31, 2019, 11:14:29 AM via Website

Check your file space in your phone or also refresh your phone , i mean you need to restart your phone after,
if you have low space then you needto delete some files, if your app will download after restarting phone that means you need to clean up your phone by using antivirus apps

Helpful?
milindarai
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 14, 2020, 4:56:41 AM via Website

You can download it at the same web as the play store. I find the web is also very good

Helpful?
LokySol3

Apr 15, 2020, 10:45:28 PM via Website

There can be many reasons why it doesn't work properly. Play Store doesn't work properly sometimes. However, despite the fact that it works with bugs, it's also the best service when it comes to the free apps. It goes without saying that it provides the longest list of free apps available for usage. Being an Iphone user now and having been a smartphone user for a couple of years, I can confirm that Play store is way better than App Store. What made me really disappointed is that I couldn't download Play Store anymore. I'd decided to search for a variant to be absolutely calm that I'd done everything possible, however then I did really find an article on playstoredownload.club describing that downloading Play Store for pc is possible, I was taken aback, but whatever, why not trying? It's really worth it. Owing to Blue Stacks I can take advantage of the free apps as a usual android user. So, hope it'll be useful for you, guys!

— modified on Apr 22, 2020, 3:11:34 PM

Helpful?
Clay57
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 22, 2020, 4:55:18 PM via Website

Its either your device is not compatible for play store or you can remove cache and try it again.

Helpful?
ttucjacks123
  • Forum posts: 15

May 27, 2021, 8:48:16 AM via Website

When downloading app, you need to ensure there is a good internet connection. You can also release your device caches from Settings. Restarting or updaing your device is also good. If these do not work, you can also use TunesKit iOS System Recovery to get your device back to normal.

Helpful?