EXTREMELY SLOW PHONE OVERNIGHT.

• Replies:10
  • Answered
Rae
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 17, 2018, 7:21:13 PM via Website

Hi, I have a ZTE Blade Z Max, its not even a year old. I have quiet a bit of memory left. I changed my animations to 0.5, I cleared all caches and reset the phone a zillion times....no change at all. Its so slow its a pain to use it. Please help. I drive for UBER on the side and have had no calls in the last 24 hours....highly unusual, I think its the phone. I am not "techy" at all. I dont even know what "cache" means or "RAM" so please go easy on me. Thx so much.

Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 21, 2018, 4:01:26 PM via Website

Rae
The stores will tell you anything to get you to buy a new device, that's how they make most of their profits.
There are a lot of good people on the Android pit that are willing to help! If you have anymore question don't be shy.
Just a heads up,
If your question has been answered you should mark that reply as BEST ANSWER.
Otherwise people will continue responding to your question!
Take care!
Lindsay

Helpful?
RaeSorin
Deactivated Account

Nov 17, 2018, 11:35:14 PM via Website

Rae
How is your carrier signal?
If you have a weak signal, that could be the problem!
And if it is a older device the old software might be the problem.

Helpful?
SorinRae
Rae

Nov 18, 2018, 5:01:27 AM via Website

Its only about 8 months old. I took it to Metro PCS and the guy there told me they have "banned" those phones but its okay if you already have one. Wierd. Something about encrypting...some bad thing that happened that I didnt know what he was talking about. The girl there told me I just probably have a "bad phone" and should just purchase another one, different brand. I would like to troubleshoot this one first, Its not even scratched up yet. I talked to ZTE he didnt care too much to troubleshoot just wanted me to factory reset which I really dont want to do unless all else fails. He said it will work like a new phone, which is great, but I'd settle for it working like an 8 month old phone. So I havent made any drastic changes yet. Any yes to your ?, I have excellent signal strength. I appreciate your input tho., thanks!

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account

Nov 18, 2018, 1:07:55 PM via Website

Rae
Reading your posts a little more carefully I have a couple of suggestion
First your cashed data is nothing important. It is simply the data that accumulated in your storage from using your phone.
Example; every time you make a phone call or email or go on the internet you accumulate a little cashed data on your hard drive this can build up and overload your storage. To clear it ,
Go to apps then settings then storage, there you will find your cashed data. Tap on that and it will give you the option to delete it! Then delete it!
This should make your phone operate faster! Don't worry you won't be deleting anything important. And you should clear that cashed data on a regular basis
If that doesn't work then I strongly recommend that you do the factory reset.
That will return your phone to the way it was when you purchased it! It will wipe out any viruses or any malware you may have accumulated. And that will also make your phone run faster.
But before you do that reset. Back up your files on a external hard drive or you will have to re enter all your contacts (phone numbers).
Hope this helps!
Thank care pretty Lady!

Helpful?
RaeSorin
تطبيقات مجانية
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 21, 2018, 11:47:37 AM via Website

if your phone was working just fine before that means two things

either you downloaded a lot of apps on such limited memory phone .. it has only 2 gigs of ram [more rams more apps you can install and use on your phone]

or you downloaded one wrong app that consuming your phone brain [cpu+ram]

my suggestion to you if you don't want to rest your phone coz this is the no.1 solution

1- remove all unnecessary apps

2- remove all battery saving cache cleaning apps they just consume your phone space and memory.

3- remove facebook app

4- use the lite version of apps [facebook lite - twitter lite - whatever lite]

5- just keep the most necessary apps on your phone .. your work app uber and WhatsApp and keep it clean till you afford a better phone with a good amount of ram 3 gigs at least

Helpful?
RaeSorin
Sorin
  • Forum posts: 104

Nov 21, 2018, 1:47:56 PM via Website

Try the simplest method, restart the phone. I do not guarantee that the improvements will be spectacular, sometimes the phone is too busy with too many temporary files, it will go a little faster if it is restarted. Follow the other tips presented in the follow-up comments.

Helpful?
Rae
Rae

Nov 21, 2018, 2:54:02 PM via Website

Thanks so much. I did all EXCEPT factory reset. I am scared to do that. Im dont know how to get my stuff on a harddrive (yes, I'm that bad) and I fear losing data. I get inpatient and hit buttons too fast, lol. One of my riders (UBER) asked if I got a data usage warning....yes, twice actually. I have unlimited. He said sometimes the carriers will do that (money thing) and suggested I wait and see what happens when they reset for next billing cycle. Thats in 3 days and I'm curious to see what will happen. Its funny how the ppl in the store are so pushy to get you to buy a phone then 8 months later you take it in and that phone is a piece of crap and want you to buy the latest (which will be a piece as well in 8 months) "A money thang" lol I appreciate your help. So glad I ran across this site. I have about 6 or 7 old phones ....two of them (ones an iphone, the others a S5 that I need to get pics off of. The s5 works but screens black. Its been in my drawer for about ....idk since 5 months after it came out. The iphone I think the battery is dead dead dead. So I have a place to come to and more than likely someone can help. NICE, I'm greatful for ppl like you :)

Rae

Helpful?
Sorin
Best answer
Deactivated Account

Nov 21, 2018, 4:01:26 PM via Website

Rae
The stores will tell you anything to get you to buy a new device, that's how they make most of their profits.
There are a lot of good people on the Android pit that are willing to help! If you have anymore question don't be shy.
Just a heads up,
If your question has been answered you should mark that reply as BEST ANSWER.
Otherwise people will continue responding to your question!
Take care!
Lindsay

Helpful?
RaeSorin
Adamrainer
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 21, 2018, 7:20:18 PM via Website

Hey, Rae, I would give you an honest suggestion to buy a new phone with good RAM and Processor.

Helpful?
Rae
Rae

Dec 12, 2018, 11:31:51 AM via Website

Hey Lindsay thanks. So by marking "best answer" does that stop my question from circulating? Nothing has worked. So I'm gonna do a Factory Reset. Now, I want to know what it is that I should save. I really dont know or care to know all this "techy" stuff, my brains just not wired that way. I want to get this over with while I still have a phone, intact, because I'm afraid I'm gonna run it over. So, it seems you get on here a bit. I'll wait for your answer then post a new question..."What do I do to prepare my phone for a factory reset...for dummies" :)
Thx,
Rae

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account

Dec 12, 2018, 12:07:17 PM via Website

Rae
By marking my reply best answer will not stop other people from responding to your post . It just let's them know that you found a solution.
As far as the data you should back up.
Well backing up your data on a external hard drive like I suggested is kind of a in depth process for someone who is not well versed in these smartphones.
So I have a different suggestion for you.
Go into your phone and copy down anything you want to save on paper!
Like your contacts and files if any.
Write down your email address and your passwords for any on line accounts.
Then do the factory reset. After the reset you can re-enter that data manually.

Helpful?
Sorin