"30'83 GiB free space", "You do not have enough space to install an app"

• Replies:4
Juan Antonio Pérez Alvarez
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 4, 2018, 12:11:43 AM via Website

I posted this on Hardware cause there's clearly a problem with my storage.

For whatever reason, my Hongyue Android cellphone tells me it has two storages, 32 GiB internal storage, and another 32 GiB phone storage

These are screen captures. I have about 61 GiB of free space total, yet it tells me I cannot even install an app that adds stickers to whatsapp. How does this come together? Is this a joke?
I'm a programmer and I can't understand it.
Extra data, when I connect the phone to my PC it tells me it only has one GiB of space total. This is surely a joke. I mean, why even tell me I got all that space if I cannot use it?

I guess the phone has a separate storage for only apps, and another for pics, music, videos and such. But why would it separate them, and why would it not show me the important storage, the apps one? I mean, I don't need 32 gigs of music. About 4 gigs is just fine. However I do need lots more than just 1024 MiB of app space. I mean I would need ten times more or even more.

If there is any way to use those 60 gigs of space for installing apps please do share your answer.

Postdata: This phone came with many surprises. Not even 24h of using it until WhatsApp told me I didn't have enough space to even record an audio note. Whatever....

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 4, 2018, 1:28:11 AM via Website

Facebook purchased WhatsApp in a age old business tactic to eliminate their competition. Since then they have been making WhatsApp malfunction so users will become frustrated and go back to using Facebook.
Since the purchase the different problems with have been so many that they are impossible to count! And the problem your having is just another one.
Look through the old post on Android Pit and you will see what I mean.
Recently WhatsApp sent letters to the plus account holders stating that they are shutting down all plus accounts because of a third party security breech! (A lie to justify shutting down WhatsApp)
We are seeing the slow death of WhatsApp at the hands of Facebook !

Helpful?

Dec 8, 2018, 3:23:59 AM via Website

Why do you believe this issue is caused by WhatsApp and do you think there is a way to solve it?
I mean, not being able to record audio notes seems as a normal bug but not being able to use 30 gigs of space at all seems a bit too ridiculous to not be solved yet.
I could though stop using it if it lets me use my free space.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 8, 2018, 4:19:50 AM via Website

I didn't say the issue is caused by WhatsApp. I said Facebook is making WhatsApp malfunction so users will become frustrated and go back to using Facebook!
My best suggestion at this point is ;
If WhatsApp is taking up that storage and you want it back! And you really don't need WhatsApp, then delete that app completely and see if you get your storage back!
I took Business classes in college.
What Facebook is doing to WhatsApp is right out of the textbook, in the chapter...How To Eliminate Your Competition!

Helpful?

Dec 8, 2018, 1:01:17 PM via Website

That's really very interesting and I'll sure talk about that with my cousin as we really like these interesting topics, but I don't the 600MiB WhatsApp is using, I want the whole 30GiB and I think I know how to....maybe.
Anyways, that's a really interesting topic and I wouldn't be angry if you said something more.
Thx for the help, everyone! xD

Helpful?