Samsung Galaxy S — PROBLEM with my galaxy 5

• Replies:4
  • Answered
ilangel Baby
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 10, 2018, 12:02:19 PM via Website

Hi,I'm having a problem with my phone bought it in march refurbished was fine then but for a couple of months now it restarts continuously usually when it gets to 40% or around there it has done it at 80% is too tho a couple times only way to make it stop is plugging it in the charger ,also sometimes does it when I go in camera or my flashlight, I have tried safe mode still does it! Also cleaned the cache,Would anyone know what's wrong with it or have any ideas? Besides throwing it out the window lol,thanks in advance!

Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 28, 2018, 12:23:00 PM via Website

Looks like Samsung has tried to install the pie-9.0 software in your phone.
It has probably partially installed. Then your phone stopped it . Because that software is incompatible for your phone and it is making your phone malfunction.
Sorry I don't know how you can reverse it. As far as I know , not even a factory reset will remove a software update.
Maybe someone else on the Android pit has a solution.

Helpful?
ilangel Baby
Deactivated Account

Dec 10, 2018, 7:10:03 PM via Website

It sounds like there is a software update that is trying to install in your phone that is incompatible and your phone is stopping it before it fully installs.
Go into your software updates and Google play store and shut off your auto- update setting.
See if that helps.

Helpful?
ilangel Baby

Dec 28, 2018, 12:04:01 PM via Website

Ty for your idea,unfortunately it didn't work,but I do have more info,I do loaded a Samsung app that does test's on your phone one of them failed but I have no idea what it means,the problem is getting worse I can now take my phone off the charger it ll be fully charged and restart over and over, I've attached a picture of the test I did, thanks in advance! Happy new year!image

Helpful?
Best answer
Deactivated Account

Dec 28, 2018, 12:23:00 PM via Website

Looks like Samsung has tried to install the pie-9.0 software in your phone.
It has probably partially installed. Then your phone stopped it . Because that software is incompatible for your phone and it is making your phone malfunction.
Sorry I don't know how you can reverse it. As far as I know , not even a factory reset will remove a software update.
Maybe someone else on the Android pit has a solution.

Helpful?
ilangel Baby
ilangel Baby

Dec 28, 2018, 12:25:27 PM via Website

Ty for your help! At least now I know the cause

Helpful?