Samsung Galaxy S5 — Galaxy s5 disappearing display vs. Knox?

• Replies:2
angie19712
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2019, 8:17:38 AM via Website

When Knox apps are , modified in any way...will it cause my display, not screen, to quit.??? I just rememberd turning off all the Knox apps, and forcing stop, clearing data, all that, then recently, not my screen but, my display stopped.! it'll go to home screen and then it disappears. I get the bottom buttons to lite up. normally I'm lucky if I can answer a call. can't ghost it to my other Samsung because I have no screen to turn on certain functions to be able to clone it... can anybody help me.? BTW my friend has tech experience...he can't figure it out. he did swap my screen to his phone and it works fine. so it's something in the phone. I do remember trying to disable all that Knox crap though prior... I could use any help. thank you....!?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 7, 2019, 11:53:17 AM via Website

What version of software is your phone running on?
And did it recently update?

I had a s5.
I had my auto update settings turn off.
Every time Samsung was getting ready to release a new phone they would try to update my software to the new version!
I discovered that the s5 should NOT be updated past the 6.0 software.
If your s5 was updated beyond that !
That's the problem!
Bye the way, Samsung is just about to release the s10 !
And thier sales of new phones has declined lately! And they are desperate to sell the new phones.
Right now they are trying to update my s7 to the 9.0 software, and I know that software will make my phone malfunction so badly I won't be able to use it!

— modified on Feb 7, 2019, 12:20:30 PM

Helpful?
GalaxyGirl18
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2019, 10:29:13 PM via Website

My screen went black like that 1 day before Samsung sent me a gmail message saying they had discontinued the "My Knox" App. They urged me to download the "Secure Folder" App on my Sprint Branded S5 Model# SM-G900P as a replacement. I got lucky as my screen flickered back on for about 45 seconds once every 5-10 minutes. If you can get 45 seconds with the screen on just 2 times you can download the new app and get it running.

I hope this helps you fix the issue.

Helpful?