HTC One (M8) — How to delete incoming and outgoing calls.

• Replies:12
  • Answered
Heathsideboy
  • Forum posts: 21

Feb 9, 2019, 3:57:40 PM via Website

How do I delete incoming and outgoing calls that have gone before on my HTC One (M8)? I've not deleted any since I got the phone. That was years ago and I still cannot fathom how to do it?

Appreciate any help on this

HB

Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 10, 2019, 11:36:30 AM via Website

Open your phone app. Pull up your recent call list, tap on the menu on that page, there you should find the option to delete all or some of the calls.

Helpful?
Onute Saulute
  • Forum posts: 50

Feb 10, 2019, 11:15:49 AM via Website

install es file explorer and please check your phone is rooted
find and delete it or clear data phone call app

Helpful?
Best answer
Deactivated Account

Feb 10, 2019, 11:36:30 AM via Website

Open your phone app. Pull up your recent call list, tap on the menu on that page, there you should find the option to delete all or some of the calls.

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Feb 10, 2019, 2:00:48 PM via Website

Thank you Lindsay, that did the trick. Just a quick question relating to this, can having too much call history slow the phone down or cause it problems? Thanks

HB

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 10, 2019, 2:19:14 PM via Website

Heathsideboy

Thank you Lindsay, that did the trick. Just a quick question relating to this, can having too much call history slow the phone down or cause it problems? Thanks

HB

Yes if you had a Hugh backlog of calls it could slow your phone by using up a lot of storage!
Question;
Do you delete your cashed storage on a regular basis?
Your cashed storage is not your important data, it is simply what you have done with your apps!
This cashed data could accumulate and exhaust your free storage, and slow down the function of your phone!
You should clear it on a regular basis!

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Feb 10, 2019, 3:15:04 PM via Website

Yes, if you had a Hugh backlog of calls it could slow your phone by using up a lot of storage!
Question;
Do you delete your cashed storage on a regular basis?
Your cashed storage is not your important data, it is simply what you have done with your apps!
This cashed data could accumulate and exhaust your free storage, and slow down the function of your phone!
You should clear it on a regular basis!

As I said in one of my previous posts, I am disabled. I rarely use the phone for anything except phone calls & texts. Because I cannot use my hands, I have to use my head against a button to make calls & texts for this function. It is far easier for me to use a laptop than the phone for other functions.

I haven't deleted my cache storage since I got my phone some years ago. Can you give me step by step instructions on how to perform this on the phone please?

Thanks

HB

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 10, 2019, 4:22:06 PM via Website

Apps
Settings
Storage, your storage may be found in device maintenance.
At this point you may have to bring up the menu for that page. Usually that will be 3 vertical dots in upper right hand corner of the screen. You are looking for cashed data. There will be the option to delete it.

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Feb 10, 2019, 4:44:29 PM via Website

Thanks so much for your help Lindsay and everybody else who contributed.

As I said, I have some other questions but I will ask these in other threads.

HB

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 10, 2019, 5:43:28 PM via Website

I will be looking for your next posts!
And I will contact a couple of other people I have communicated with on the forum to watch for your questions
The people I speak of are some of the best on the forum !

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Feb 10, 2019, 5:58:38 PM via Website

Thank you Lindsay, you are very helpful person.

I think I have checked the correct post that was for my original question. Can I check more than one post? The answer about the cache also helped me out.

HB

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 10, 2019, 9:12:14 PM via Website

Heathsideboy

Thank you Lindsay, you are very helpful person.

I think I have checked the correct post that was for my original question. Can I check more than one post? The answer about the cache also helped me out.

HB

Yes you can check it if the best answer box is there!

— modified on Feb 10, 2019, 9:19:05 PM

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Feb 11, 2019, 8:26:38 PM via Website

I seem to only be able to check one as the best answer. Can you tell me how to do otherwise?

HB

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 11, 2019, 10:52:45 PM via Website

Heathsideboy

I seem to only be able to check one as the best answer. Can you tell me how to do otherwise?

HB

I don't think you can check more than 1 best answer per post.

Helpful?