Android Video Player: VLC vs. MX Player

• Replies:5
Herbert_1990
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 11, 2019, 7:39:03 AM via Website

I recommend mx player for common extension files like mp4 and avi. For the VLC, for uncommon like I downloaded some movie HEVC and mx player can't play it properly.

PremPixelStudios
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 27, 2019, 7:53:35 AM via Website

VLC is free, I prefer it!(nerd)

AndroidMama
  • Forum posts: 20

Nov 30, 2019, 1:24:19 PM via Website

Did you install mx player latest version? or you can try mx player pro latest version.i hope your problem will be solved.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 1, 2019, 10:06:36 AM via Website

Just Vlc. Free and plays anything

William Kane
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 30, 2019, 2:05:29 PM via Website

Go for VLC, its free and good too.

Heiko Scheffler
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 21, 2020, 6:40:32 PM via Website

Hi! I personally prefer the VLC player, but I recommend having at least a look into XPlayer.
The app with the bulky name "Video player for all formats - Xplayer" is a good alternative to the aforementioned video players. The ad-financed version is free and occasionally displays banners for other apps from the manufacturer - but not in running videos.
It can play almost all video and sound formats, offers pop-up playback and playlists. The interface is attractive and the file search automatically finds all media files. But what makes the app stand out among the others are the so-called "private folders". You can store videos in it that not everyone can see. They are secured by a four-digit PIN and can be restored with an email address.