Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (US-version) — Nova Launcher: Lost my notification bar on top of screen

• Replies:10
  • Answered
Ethan Grubbs
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 13, 2019, 7:03:58 PM via App

I recently set up nova launcher prime and installed an icon pack as well. I noticed I lose my upper most notification tab. This is the tab that reads the battery percentage and time on the top right corner and shows the status if your Bluetooth and alarm and sound is on, as well as your data signal and other pertinent info. How do I get it back? Thanks!

Best answer
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Feb 14, 2019, 10:02:47 AM via Website

That is actually not true, Lindsay. Nova Launcher doesnt kill the statusbar or something, it's simply an option in Nova's settings. So, open the settings of the Nova Launcher, not system settings. Look for "Look and feel" and deactivate the option to hide the status bar.

I sadly can't give you the exact setting as I haven't used Nova Launcher for like 4 years after I switched to Action Launcher :)

Helpful?
Ethan Grubbs
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 13, 2019, 11:06:34 PM via Website

In your display settings check to see if your status bar settings got turned off.
Drag down on your Home screen, you will see a gear icon. Tap on it then go to display then to status bar. Make sure all toggles are on.
That nova prime launcher may have turned them off.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 13, 2019, 11:54:15 PM via Website

I went on the internet and did a little reading about your Nova Prime Launcher.
When you installed it your status bar was eliminated!
If you want that status bar back you will have to uninstall the launcher.
And if it dose not reappear then a Factory Reset will probably bring it back!

Helpful?
Best answer
Bastian Siewers

Feb 14, 2019, 10:02:47 AM via Website

That is actually not true, Lindsay. Nova Launcher doesnt kill the statusbar or something, it's simply an option in Nova's settings. So, open the settings of the Nova Launcher, not system settings. Look for "Look and feel" and deactivate the option to hide the status bar.

I sadly can't give you the exact setting as I haven't used Nova Launcher for like 4 years after I switched to Action Launcher :)

Helpful?
Ethan Grubbs
Deactivated Account

Feb 14, 2019, 12:17:01 PM via Website

Ethan Grubbs
Try what Bastian suggested and let us know if you are successful!

— modified on Feb 14, 2019, 12:19:44 PM

Helpful?
Ethan Grubbs
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 19, 2019, 3:00:50 PM via Website

Yes, Bastian was correct. I had selected the option to "Show Notification Bar" on my phone, however I also selected "Make Notification Bar Transparent" So it could not be seen with my current background since they were both dark. I deselected the transparent option under "Look and Feel" and that corrected my issue. Thank you!

Why did you switch to Action Launcher?

Helpful?
Bastian Siewers
Bastian Siewers

Feb 19, 2019, 5:05:11 PM via Website

There is actually not the one reason I did. I was curious to try something else and got stuck on Action Launcher. I love the sidebar, which you can "swipe in". I love to have a pretty clean homescreen, and I am only using one homescreen. Swiping in from the right brings up the pannel where I use a couple of shortcuts and widgets that I use daily, but dont want to constantly see on my homescreen.

Helpful?
brybanks
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 19, 2020, 3:41:50 AM via Website

Go to Nova's settings ->Look and Feel, and UN-select "Dark Icons". I realize the original post is a year old, but in case somebody else has this problem... (And I did NOT select "Dark Icons" manually. Somehow, it must've been enabled by an update. I hope this helps.

Helpful?
Dragos Mateescu
modlelo

Sep 11, 2020, 9:48:07 PM via Website

there are millions of themes available on nova launcher modlelo so it might be issue of themes or installation error try to download it again or simply change your theme.

— modified on Sep 11, 2020, 9:49:23 PM

Helpful?
John Mc

Sep 3, 2021, 2:34:12 AM via Website

Current version of Nova launcher, under look and fill, at the bottom there is an area for notification bar, make sure that dark icons is turned off if you have a dark background and turned on if you have a light background.
There is NOT an option to hide the status bar.

Helpful?
John Mellas

Feb 3, 2022, 7:46:57 PM via Website

Here's my solution for disappearing Status bar:

Even tough I had the "Notification Bar" enabled in Nova Launcher under Settings > Look & Feel, I still couldn't see it on the home screen. The solution was to ensure that the "Dark Icons" setting, which is located on the same screen, just a couple rows below the Notification Bar setting, is turned to auto or off (I had it in the ON position).

Cheers

Helpful?