Samsung Galaxy S2 — Connection problem "Couldn't establish a secure connection"

• Replies:2
D P
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 21, 2019, 11:04:58 PM via Website

I have resurrected an old Samsung Galaxy S-2 (Gt-19100) and bought a new battery for it. It seems to have fired up OK. I want to use it as an additional GPS and need internet connectivity (Wifi only, not mobile data)_, but do not have a SIM card for it.

Using Wifi I can access some, bit not all web pages. The two web sites (which are available on my laptop and my iPhone) in particular I want to access give me a message. Connection problem "Couldn't establish a secure connection"

"Connection problem "Couldn't establish a secure connection"

I have searched on the web for a solution, but most say check time and date are correct (they are) and do a hard reset. Have done that, but still have the same message.

Help would be gratefully received (idiot's guide is even better as I am not very tech minded.) Thanks.

D P
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 22, 2019, 12:06:16 AM via Website

Answered my own question really.
Installed Chrome as my android browser and all works perfectly now.

Helpful?
James WatsonDeactivated Account
Jimmy_Wick
  • Forum posts: 35

Aug 10, 2022, 7:08:50 AM via Website

1. Check If the Website is Working
    Is your Android unable to establish a secure connection? Before you jump to the more complicated solutions, ensure that this error is not occurring due to a problem with your website. You can check this by quickly verifying the website.

Check if the website you are working on is down or if there are some other problems with it. You can do this by trying to open the website on another device, preferably a smartphone. If you see no issues with the website, you can go ahead and try out the other solutions mentioned below.

1. Connect to a Different Network
    There may be an issue with your Wi-Fi network or your service provider’s network. You can eliminate this cause by switching over to a Wi-Fi network if you are using your phone network or switching over to your phone network if you are using your Wi-Fi network. Check if the problem persists.

Hope this helps,
J Wick

Helpful?