Motorola Moto G — Hard bricked Motorola G7 - Need help

• Replies:1
Afireblood
  • Forum posts: 2

May 2, 2019, 9:22:17 AM via Website

Hello everyone! I am in dire need of help.

So I recently decided to acquire a Motorola G7 because I had heard its battery is fantastic. This far, I have been loving it.

But silly me decided I wanted to explore OEM boot unlocking to eventually root the device. After successfully completing theses tasks, I installed the TWRP recovery. Sadly, something (must have) went wrong because when I tried to reboot, the phone went into hard brick. Completely unresponsive, holding both power and vol. down button for 2+ minutes did nothing. I basically have exhausted every Internet recommendations thus far and nothing has been fruitful.

I have been able to get the Qualcomm Port 9008 (COM3) to show up in device manager when I hold power and vol. down. Also, the program QPST also recognizes a phone in Sahara download mode (although I have no idea what it means nor what to do with that, if anything).

So here I am, asking for your help. I have read somewhere that a blankflash zip file could allow me to restore my phone but alas, I wasn't able to find any.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards,

Afireblood, user #7644433.

Edit: I have managed to find a way to potentially salvage my bricked phone, using QIFL tool to flash a stock rom. However, to do so I need some files (which are proper to the Moto G7 - any other would not do). They are: programmer (firehose?).mbn
rawprogram.xml
patch.xml

If anyone has any clue where I could find that (except everywhere on Google - it hasn't been helpful), I would very much appreciate it!

— modified on May 3, 2019, 1:43:48 AM

Afireblood
  • Forum posts: 2

May 3, 2019, 9:23:57 PM via Website

Update: Now in search of the Moto G7 specific blankflash.zip

If anyone knows where I can find that I would really appreciate it!!

Helpful?