How to transfer Contacts from an old adroid devide

• Replies:8
Chris Loren Kociko
  • Forum posts: 1

May 27, 2019, 2:18:48 AM via Website

I want to replace my mother's old Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini e10i, with a new smartphone.
But i am unable to transfer her Contacts... tried many ways like Sony sync, Gmail sync or apps.. but with no result.

Is there a manual way to extract them? or any tips?

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

May 27, 2019, 3:09:12 AM via Website

Go to Contacts, try to export all contacts to vCard file(.vcf).
Copy the vCard file to your new device storage, then import contacts from that vCard file.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
TedyBo
Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

May 27, 2019, 4:27:26 AM via Website

In addition to Gmail and App,there are other options.

1.SIM card is a good way to transfer contacts actually. Since the SIM card is removable, you can save the contacts in the card and then plug it into the phone you plan to use to easily transfer contacts from Android to Android.

2.When you export contacts to SIM card, have you noticed that there is an option Share namecard via in the Export contacts window? This is an available way to sync the contacts actually. This inbuilt feature allows you to migrate the contacts from Android to Android via Bluetooth.

3.MobiKin Transfer for Mobile. With it, you can simply connect two phones to the computer, and transfer contacts from Android to Android with one click.

Helpful?
Roger Garcia
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 27, 2019, 5:30:39 AM via Website

Had the same problem few days ago on my old phone but luckily, found ApowerManager on the internet and works perfectly fine with me. You just need a computer to do it. Just export the contacts from your old Sony using ApowerManager then import them to your new phone by the use of it again. Hope it helps :)

Helpful?
Reyhekey
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 27, 2019, 9:01:58 AM via Website

James Watson shared one freeway to transfer contacts from one old phone to another new phone, you can try this method, if failed, one easy way is Mobile Transfer, connect two phones to computer, then transfer contacts directly.

Helpful?
chayusiro
  • Forum posts: 69

Jul 1, 2019, 8:28:41 AM via Website

Actually, there is no need worrying about that. You can transfer contacts from here old Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini e10i to the new one with the helps of Google and Phone Transfer tool. About the details, you can check online. Just have a try and choose one you like better.

— modified on Jul 2, 2019, 4:45:14 AM

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Jul 18, 2019, 8:07:03 AM via Website

Use Gmail to transfer contacts from old Android,you could follow the steps:

Step 1. On your old Android phone, add a Google account.

Please go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Add Account" > select "Google" > go with the prompts to sign in your Gmail account. If you don't have an account yet, you need to create one at first.

Step 2. Sync Android contacts to Gmail account.

Please go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Google" > turn on "Sync Contacts" and other files you wanted on your old Android phone.

Helpful?
RachelCooper
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 17, 2020, 10:39:54 AM via Website

You can try using SIM card to transfer contacts from old Android to the new one.

First, open the Contacts app on your old Android.
Second, go to Settings > Manage Contacts > Export.
Third, select Export to SIM card to save your contacts.
Fourth, insert the SIM card into your new Android.
Fifth, click Importing from SIM card.

Helpful?
TedyBo
  • Forum posts: 24

Feb 18, 2021, 8:55:40 PM via Website

thank you, it helped me...

Helpful?