Samsung Galaxy S6 — Phone being weird about charging after accidental factory reset

• Replies:4
everyos
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 22, 2019, 9:33:38 PM via Website

So I accidentally factory reset my phone, and now I am having weird charging problems.
My phone has somewhat had a small charging issue where it would take a second to recognize the charger, but once it did, it would charge fine... until I had accidentally reset the phone.

Now that I have (accidentally) reset my phone, it is suddenly being weird. The phone will charge when turned off, or for a little bit after turning it back on, but after a while, it just won't recognize the charger. For the time it does recognize the charger, other than it still lags, it works normal - things like file transfer work, but after a while, it just fails to recognize the USB at all, until I reboot the phone. This part only started immediately after the reset, and I was wondering how to fix it?

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Aug 23, 2019, 1:21:35 AM via Website

probably it is the charger or better the connector of the charger. try with another charger or a power bank.

Helpful?
everyos
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2019, 3:06:17 AM via Website

So the "not charging" seems to have just been a temporary thing that was just happening right after the reset, but I am still having problems with the lag for detecting USB (charging, file transfer, etc). The lag is about 15 seconds. I have tried different cables, power bricks, and outlets. I am thinking this is probably a problem with broken phone hardware, but if anyone knows if there might be a software-way to fix this, it would be appreciated

— modified on Aug 23, 2019, 3:07:52 AM

Helpful?
HemmyngsKylee
  • Forum posts: 16

Feb 25, 2021, 4:39:51 PM via Website

Thank you for help

Helpful?
Wayne Vincent
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 8, 2023, 2:49:53 PM via Website

To troubleshoot the charging issue after the accidental factory reset:

1. Clean the charging port from any debris.
  2. Try different charging cables and adapters to eliminate potential faults.
  3. Boot your phone into safe mode to check for app conflicts.
  4. Wipe the cache partition through the recovery menu. If the problem persists, contact Samsung support for further assistance.
Helpful?