- Forum posts: 3
Oct 22, 2019, 9:13:20 AM via Website
Oct 22, 2019 9:13:20 AM via Website
A compass is a very useful instrument. Where you are out tracking or adventuring, a compass is probably the most important instrument you can have. As we all know, a compass helps us to determine the direction. When combined with a map, a compass also helps us to map directions. However, in this era of smartphones, you no longer need to carry a compass separately. There are all lot of free compass apps available in the Google Play Store. These apps not only help in determining the direction but also provides other features like gyroscope and accelerometer.
In this article, I have talked about 5 such compass apps from the Google Play Store. Most of these apps are offline compass apps that you can use without any internet connection.
1. 3D Compass Plus by Sam Lu
Here is something entirely different for all of you out there. A compass doesn’t necessarily need to be all serious, and it can have a fun side to it. This is exactly when this application steps in. The augmented reality, yes you heard it right, mode uses the phone’s camera to show a 3D compass, map, coordinates and speed all at once. It is a great tool for those who are interested in orienteering, and it is by far best used for educational purposes. Set it up and get walking. Use it as a tool or for recreation. Anything you do with it will be exciting.
- Take screenshots
- Support portrait and landscape mode
- Auto rotate map according to direction
- Show speed and true north direction
- Show altitude
- Show map/address of current location
Embed date, time and location EXIF tags in the screenshot file
[2. Compass Steel by SimplyWerx]
Compass Steel 3D is one of the best looking compass apps on the list. It has a wide range of themes for customization purposes and that separates it a bit from the pack. Some of the other features include sunrise and sunset times, true and magnetic north, a sun direction indicator, moon-rise and moon-set times, and a moon direction indicator. This one is better for hikers and boaters more than any other activity. Its self-calibration tool is mostly hit with a little miss, but we don't have any other complaints.
• Choose from multiple color themes.
• Choose between 2 heading modes - True heading (based on True north) and Magnetic heading (based on Magnetic north).
• Sun direction indicator.
• Moon direction indicator.
• Set and save a target direction.
• Tilt-compensated and self-calibrates as you use.
• High contrast design improves readability.
[3. Pro Compass by Govo]
Pro compass is very good for traveling and for those who lost their way. This app works great in finding direction and position. Pro Compass is a simple app with both a compass and a map. It supports longitude, latitude, and direct addresses. In addition, the app includes true and magnetic north headings, a magnetic strength meter, a slope level meter, and sensor status. It's works exactly like a real compass.
- Light capacity, does not take up much storage in your device
- Pro Compass is designed as a simple and easy-to-use interface and programmed for Android
- Many beautiful clock compass designs in style from classic to modern to choose freely
- Easy Compass helps determine the exact direction in seconds by using the adjectives of the earth to orient
- Display the angle and direction on the compass accurately and easily to observe
- Measurement and sensor of the earth's magnetic field are sensitive and fast
- Obserse the exact compass at the location on the map without location restrictions
- Change the compass location simply on the map just by touching the point you want
4. Gyro Compass by BazApps - Free Android Apps & Live Wallpapers
Looks wise, this application resembles and functions identically to a real-world compass. So, you can call it the most realistic compass out there. It is undoubtedly the best-emulated compass with extensive features and is immensely powerful as a classic compass. It even displays magnetic strength so you can be sure of an accurate reading. It has a slope indicator just like some of the best standard compasses on the market and a bezel that can be rotated and used just like a real physical compass.
• True heading and magnetic heading for direction finder
• Magnetic and true north are available, the app automatically takes care of variation
• Magnetometer: display magnetic strength
• Slope level meter
• Kompass is simple to use, use it like a real compass
• Professional vintage compass design of azimuth compas space needle
5. Accurate Compass by Stonekick
Accurate Compass gives its user a realistic 3D view just like a standard physical compass and is quite easy to use regarding navigating. The best part about this app is that you do not need to hold your phone on a flat surface. The 3D compass view will work just as great even if you do not hold it parallel to the ground.
-checking (magnetic) North, South, East, and West,
-navigating unfamiliar places,
-finding out the bearing of objects in the distance,
-or just checking which way your garden faces!
With all these choices and differences in compass apps, we know you can pick one that suits your exact needs. We suggest pairing a compass app with a traditional compass and map for the best results. Now get out there and use it!
— modified on Oct 22, 2019, 10:46:42 AM