[Galaxy A40] Battery discharging quickly with Pie latest update

• Replies:3
damiro
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 26, 2019, 8:50:24 PM via Website

Good afternoon,

I'm new to this forum and I don't know if I'm posting in the appropriate section. Please, relocate my post if necessary.

I'm quite a newbie regarding phone hacks but I can make my way through the various general processes related to phone updates.

I recently updated my Galaxy A40 to Pie (A405FNXXU2ASJ1, Oct. 2019) [update: after checking on the official Samsung website, I updated the original April version of Pie with the August update and the battery issue started aftewards] and the battery started discharging way faster since then. I'm really not satisfied with this issue and I would like to do something to solve or improve battery life.

I tried Package Disable Pro and disabled a few apps and packages, although I don't really know which services to disable exactly. I also added most apps to the standby app list in the developer options, but it didn't improve the situation as much as I expected. I used to charge my phone every 24 hours or so with Wi-Fi on all the time, no Bluetooth or NFC.

Would anyone have an idea to get a similar battery life (charge once per 24 hours) or explain to me how to restore Oreo (downgrade or flash).

Thank you very much for your help

— modified on Nov 27, 2019, 1:16:03 PM

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Nov 27, 2019, 1:13:24 AM via Website

just check in the battery section of settings what app is using most battery and disable it. Also check what is running in the background

Helpful?
damiro
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 27, 2019, 3:18:08 PM via Website

marco sarli

just check in the battery section of settings what app is using most battery and disable it. Also check what is running in the background

I have already tried that with no success. Thanks for your answer.

Helpful?
Victorious Notorious
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 27, 2020, 12:07:02 PM via Website

I changed back to A30 with 4100 mAh and I'm happy with this model!

Helpful?