Tapping play store version 7 times

• Replies:2
  • Answered
Blueroses
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 8, 2020, 7:21:13 AM via Website

I accidentally stumbled upon something interesting. It may not mean or affect anything at all whatsoever, but I found it interesting nonetheless. I discovered that tapping 7 times on where the play store version is listed within Google play store's settings, (ya know, where you gotta tap to initiate the play store to update if need be), creates the "you are now a developer" toast just like it does when enabling developer options the usual system settings/build number way. It doesn't seem to matter if the phone is rooted or not, nor is it device specific. I'm not sure if the developer options can be enabled this way as an alternate method, because the developer options were already enabled on both devices I tested this on. I am curious if there is a purpose for this though. I'm wondering if I enabled a new set of developer options specific to the Google play store. If so, where are they located, because there doesn't seem to be any menu changes anywhere. Is it some sort of glitch? Perhaps I've stumbled upon unfinished or forgotten work accidentally left behind during one of the last few updates to the Google play store...
Is there anyone already aware of this that might be able to answer any of those questions or did I happen to stumble upon something new?

Best answer
Blueroses

Jan 11, 2020, 1:41:58 PM via Website

I wasn't sure if it did anything at all. Thank you very much for answering my question. 😊

Helpful?
Sorin
ramencoder
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 11, 2020, 1:21:57 PM via Website

As far as I know, it only enables the "Internal app sharing" option in Play Store's settings page.

Helpful?
Best answer
Blueroses

Jan 11, 2020, 1:41:58 PM via Website

I wasn't sure if it did anything at all. Thank you very much for answering my question. 😊

Helpful?
Sorin