Uninstalling Gmail built in browser

• Replies:4
Year1917
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 4, 2020, 3:37:10 AM via Website

Hi

Is it possible to uninstall Gmail's built in browser ( not the disable in settings that you can enable), I basically wanna have Gmail for my kids phone but he should not be able to open any links, so is it possible to uninstall the browser that is built into the Gmail app and therefore he won't be able to open any links.

Thanks

— modified on Feb 4, 2020, 6:18:43 AM

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Feb 4, 2020, 5:37:12 AM via Website

There is no such thing as Gmail built in to the browser,to my knowledge.From the browser you can access Gmail if you type the address and then input username and password.On Android phones there is a separate Gmail app that opens directly Gmail to your account.

Helpful?
Year1917
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 4, 2020, 6:16:53 AM via Website

Sorry for not explaining the question good, what I mean too ask is that the Gmail app has a browser built in so if you have a link in your email it will open it without an outside browser.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Feb 4, 2020, 7:47:03 AM via Website

No, clicking on a link in Gmail opens the default browser. Anyway there is a setting in the gmail app. If you open mobile Gmail, go to settings (3 bars on top left), choose general settings, uncheck the "Open web links in Gmail" box.

— modified on Feb 4, 2020, 7:55:20 AM

Helpful?
haleema
  • Forum posts: 22

Feb 7, 2020, 8:00:48 AM via Website

yes can just go the play store or Gmail account and logout the Gmail account then your children use cell phone easily without any disturbance

Helpful?