hi all noob scouring android forums for help/idea on how to execute an app idea

• Replies:5
SWEstudent
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2020, 7:53:42 AM via Website

thank you for taking the time to read in advance. I am currently a student trying to build an app for my final project. I want to build an app for rideshare drivers to download to provide a 'service' per se to the riders. I don't want to have the riders need to download the app as they will only be in the ride for a short time, but somehow send a request to the driver(via text or someway). herein lies the issue. I don't want it to be necessary for the driver to give out his personal phone number to accomplish this. I originally thought of a shortcode to text to but the more research I do into that it may not be possible not 100% sure on that though. anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has some sort of ideas on how to implement this type of app and keep drivers privacy in mind. again thanks for reading and open to all ideas thank you

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,583

May 13, 2020, 9:34:06 AM via Website

1. I think every driver should sign up for service providing with his/her phone number if the service provider will not be only one driver. You may hide the drivers' phone number to riders.

2. The riders will have to download and install an app or at least some applet in order that they can conveniently request rideshare when they need.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
SWEstudent
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2020, 11:14:44 AM via Website

it is not a ridesharing app it self it is more like an app that does like say song requests. where they can type in via text the name of the song and when the drivers phone gets the text the app reads it and plays the song. thank you sorry if I was not clear

Helpful?
Lisa Pink
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 26, 2020, 1:35:18 AM via Website

I was very interested to know this

Helpful?
Carmen Leen
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 16, 2021, 10:03:32 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing the idea here. I"m so much glad to know more about it.

Helpful?
jakethomas
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 16, 2021, 8:06:29 AM via Website

thanks a lot for the info

Helpful?