Samsung Galaxy S — WhatsApp not working and not detecting Google Drive account (same number and account used)

• Replies:12
Halim
  • Forum posts: 6

May 28, 2020, 10:21:53 PM via Website

Blessings people,

I transferred all my WhatsApp data seamlessly from my iPhone 6 to my Samsung S20 through MobileTrans (similar to iTransfer). WhatsApp was working fine for a few days but it then stopped working. I tried restarting the phone and disconnecting from the internet several times but it still didn't work. My last option is to reinstall WhatApp again but I need to back-up my data before doing so, but my WhatsApp isn't connecting or recognizing my Google Drive (I used the same Google Account name and WhatsApp number for both). I went to google drive's website and logged in and I can't find WhatsApp on manage apps and even can't find WhatsApp in the link above where it says connect more apps.

Any help would really be appreciated!! THANK YOU

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 28

May 29, 2020, 4:30:04 AM via Website

Could this be due to two different operating systems leading to this?

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

May 29, 2020, 8:48:40 AM via Website

Launch your File Manager. Locate the WhatsApp folder. There is a sub-folder named with 'Databases'. Backup this folder for your chat history. Then you can reinstall the latest WhatsApp Messenger.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
marco sarli
Halim

May 29, 2020, 1:23:32 PM via Website

Hello James,

Thank you for your quick reply and help! I went there but only found back-up from May 23 the day I started using the phone and not before that. Do you know where I can get all my back-up? I contacted WhatsApp; it turns out that any use of third-party to transfer WhatsApp data between iOS and Android is basically illegal and doesn't exist hence the problem that I am facing. Also on my Play Store, it shows that I don't have WhatsApp installed, but I do have the icon on my home screen! I know it's a complicated issue and trying to resolve it.

Thank you

Helpful?
Halim

May 29, 2020, 1:26:43 PM via Website

Yes and apparently after I contacted WhatsApp, any third-party claiming to do so is a violation of their terms of use. Clearly it is and such service of third-party won't work because look what happened to me

Helpful?
marco sarli
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

May 29, 2020, 1:34:06 PM via Website

It is well known that whatsapp does not like any software that is not theirs and constantly works to stop people using them. I can not understand why people keep using different software if they want to use whatsapp.There are a lot of different messaging services

— modified on May 29, 2020, 1:35:58 PM

Helpful?
Halim

May 29, 2020, 1:38:42 PM via Website

This is the first time I transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. All my WhatsApp use was with an iPhone

Helpful?
GSMjhony
  • Forum posts: 17

May 30, 2020, 7:46:56 AM via Website

If you enable the auto-backup option in Whatsapp. then you can get back your data for sure. If not then go to the file manager and locate the whats app folder and save it any other folder. Then reinstall WhatsApp and copy all your data to database folder.

Helpful?
Halim

May 30, 2020, 12:58:09 PM via Website

Thank you for helping but the auto back up has only 5 days worth of back up that's it. I am going to export all my chats via email from the old iPhone then open them on my s20. There is no other way since the back up of iPhone goes to iCloud and Google Drive for Android. There's not encryption between them of any sort.

Helpful?
Halim

May 30, 2020, 12:59:44 PM via Website

The file manager only shows back up from May 23 that's it. Do you think it includes all the back up that I have from 2016?

Helpful?
laurayuan
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 1, 2020, 9:44:38 AM via Website

I am able to give you an answer to your problem because I have experienced this same problem for the last week or so even though I am quite a computer savvy. I even tried to use the local backup that was generated by copying it to my new Android phone but Whatsapp was pretty stupid in not being able to detect the backup file, whether I placed it in the /sd card directory or placed it in the /Whatsapp/Databases directory. There is also no option to specify the path where the backup file is located Anyway, I found out that the Gmail Account (under "Google Drive settings") that I was using all along was somehow "stuck". I didn't realize that for one week until today (12th October 2016). I decided to try another Gmail account. And the backup uploaded successfully. As simple as that.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jun 1, 2020, 9:48:29 AM via Website

12th October 2016 ? Time travel?

Helpful?
Zariel
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 3, 2020, 3:52:50 PM via Website

Better to use Telegram

Helpful?