A new version of Android KitKat is now available for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100). If you are unable to get the new firmware over-the-air then you can download and install it using your PC manually.
As always please make sure you have the right device before doing this and I nor AndroidPIT will assume any responsibility for any damage done to your device during or after the installation process.
Before getting started
Before getting started you also want to backup your device and ensure that you have charged it up to 80% before proceeding. Also have the correct drivers installed on the PC you are using and enable USB debugging mode by going to settings > developer options.
Updating the Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat (XXUFND3)
- Download and extract the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for this version of the Galaxy Note 2. You can find the download here
- Download and extract Odin using this link
- Launch Odin on your PC as an administrator
- Boot your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode. In order to do this you need to press the volume down button, the home button and the power button down together until a warning prompt pops up on the screen.
- Using Odin install the following files from the .zip folder that was downloaded earlier in step 1
- Click AP and choose the file with code in the name
- Choose CP and then choose the file with modem in the name
- Choose CSC and then choose the file with CSC in the file path
- Choose PIT and choose the file with .pit as an extension
- Go to the option submenu in the odin software and check autoreboot and f.reset time. After doing this you haveto uncheck the re-partition section
- Click start and the installation will start
- When the installation is done your device will reboot and after this you will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Have you flashed your phone with Android 4.4.2 yet? If you have then please let us know how it is working for you.
Source: Droid Report
MOST POPULAR ARTICLE
|1||Samsung Galaxy S8 price, release date, specs and rumors|
|2||WhatsApp beta gets Gboard GIF support|
|3||OnePlus 2 Android update: OxygenOS 3.5.8 rolling out without Nougat|
|4||Android 7.0 Nougat update overview for smartphones and tablets|
|5||Best Android camera phones: which are the top on the market?|