Samsung has started rolling out its Android 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The update for the US version of the phone was rolled out last month but the international version of the phone is only getting the update now. The update has started with Russia and then it is coming to Southeast Asian countries in the coming days.
Do you prefer driving or action-adventure games?
Choose Driving or Action-adventure.
- 6102VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
- 18394VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
The new firmware is available for download OTA but you can also do it manually which is what we’re going to show you how to do here. This update can be installed on any unlocked international variant of the Galaxy Note 3 regardless of the country or region. It must be said though that we will not be liable for any damage to the device during firmware installation. You should proceed at your own risk.
- Install the necessary drivers to your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on your phone. You can do this by going to settings and then developer options.
- Backup important data in order to avoid data loss before and after installation
- Ensure the phone is unlocked.
- Make sure the phone has been charged up to 80%.
- The Android 4.4.2 N900XXUDND1 firmware is only compatible with the Galaxy Note 3 SMN900. Do not try to install it on a different device. Verify the model of the device by navigating to settings then about phone.
- First of all, you have to download the KitKat firmware.
- Then download the Odin software.
- Extract the firmware zip to get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract the Odin zip to get an executable file of Odin.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 3 and boot it in download mode. To do this you must press and hold the volume down, home and power buttons together. A construction Android robot should pop up on the screen with a warning triangle. Keep tapping the volume up button to get into download mode.
- Launch Odin on your computer with Admin privileges.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer with a USB cable in download mode. When Odin detects the phone, a popup message with appear on the screen saying “added!” and the ID:COM box will change into a light blue color. and a COM port number will show.
- Pick the following files in Odin from the firmware folder that you extracted at the beginning of the installation process.
- Click on the PDA button and then choose the .tar.md5 file for that.
- Tap the phone button and then go choose the file that says MODEM.
- Press the CSC button and then choose the corresponding file which is the CSC file.
- Press the PIT button and likewise choose the corresponding button which is the PIT button.
- Ignore the other 3 files if they are missing or they have not been found.
- Select the Auto-Reboot and the F. Reset Time options in Odin. Also make sure that you have unchecked the Re-Partition option.
- Ensure that the previous steps have been done to a t and then press the start button to begin installing the firmware in Odin.
After the firmware has been installed in Odin, a pass message will appear with a green background in the left most box of Odin. The phone will then reboot to the home screen and you can now remove the USB safely once this is done.
Your phone should now be running Android 4.4.2 and you can go to about phone to verify this.
Have you tried this process? Please leave us a comment and tell us what you think.