Having a dual SIM smartphone has its perks but unfortunately users of these devices have to choose just one number to register on WhatsApp...until now! A developer on the XDA Developers forum resolved the issue by creating an application that allows the use of two numbers simultaneously on WhatsApp. Here's how it’s done!
The OGWhatsApp is a modified version of the popular messaging app for Android and it doesn’t require root access to be used. Besides the innovative function allowing you to simultaneously use two numbers, it also lets you to open images in the preview app without having to save them, watch videos (with a player like MXPlayer) without taking up any internal memory, among some other great functions.
To install the application on your dual-SIM device, follow this tutorial:
- Make a backup of your WhatsApp messages
- Change the name of the folder /sdcard/WhatsApp on your device to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp.
- Download the OGWhatsApp from the XDA Developers website.
- Uninstall and re-install WhatsApp from the Google Play Store or simply clear data.
- Re-register your original OGWhatsApp account and a new account with the official WhatsApp app.
Two icons are added to your home screen allowing you to now manage your two WhatsApp accounts with two numbers quite easily!
Did OGWhatsApp work with your dual SIM card? Let us know in the comments below?