aTrip - Trip Dashboard

• Replies:10
Evan CABALLERO
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 30, 2010, 3:34:29 PM via Website

Hi there, I'm proud to present you my first application : aTrip !

It is a trip dashboard application, like you can find in cars for example. It displays your current speed (digital), and other information about your current trip : duration, average speed, max speed, and distance.

In landscape mode, it only displays the speed, with a larger font

There are a few preferences for the application :
unit -> km/h or mph (knots is for future version)
background color
font color
keep screen on (prevents screen to shutdown while application is running

I hope this application will be your best friend while driving your car Don't forget to evaluate it and to post comments on the market !

Evan CABALLERO

Apr 5, 2010, 10:23:29 PM via Website

some feedback ?

Lukas M
  • Forum posts: 308

Apr 6, 2010, 1:41:19 AM via App

sorry for spamming. it's a Test

meanwhile I installed your app. I promise to test it tomorrow morning while driving to university and post my comment here...

— modified on Apr 6, 2010, 1:48:44 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1,479

Apr 6, 2010, 1:52:14 AM via Website

You can link your App in your first post.

aTrip

So its easier to search ;)

This app is great, maybe there are some comparably apps in the market, but yours is minimalistic. Reduced to the essential functions, great! Normally i use GPS Status, this app contains a compass etc. but if i only want my speed in a nice looking interface, your app is my choice ;)

Oh i use a HTC Hero with the MoDaCo 3.2 Rom, ist a Android 1.5 Rom. The app runs without any problems, fast and stable, every app should run like yours.

— modified on Apr 6, 2010, 1:58:27 AM

User Nr. 2618

Evan CABALLERO

Apr 6, 2010, 11:23:07 AM via Website

wow great, thank you very much for these comments :) don't forget to evaluate & comment also on the market !

At the moment, I'm thinking about future evolutions of the app. The first I'm going to implement is the HUD display. Do you see some other evolutions that you may find nice to have ?

(PS : I'm French, so I apologize in advance if my English is not so good :*))

Deactivated Account

Apr 6, 2010, 2:20:15 PM via Website

Maybe two things, the first, a widget that shows my actual speed on the homescreen and the second or another opportunity to show the speed is in the notificiation bar.
For other things i have no idea, cause the app does what it should do, for other things i use another app. Oh maybe a german translation ;) If you want i can help you, im native german.
Another point, i dont need, is maybe a compass or the ability to track my track. But with a compass your app is going to be a copy of GPS Status. And for tracking are also enough apps available in the market. So i think your app doesnt need any big extensions, but maybe the widget. I didnt know any app who had something similiar.

User Nr. 2618

Evan CABALLERO

Apr 6, 2010, 2:30:25 PM via Website

great idea for the widget, I'll take a look at this.

Other evolutions are about languages, and of course, I'm very interested in the german one :) I'll send you a file tonight with all the english messages.

Thanks very much again :girl:

Deactivated Account

Apr 6, 2010, 3:49:29 PM via Website

Send it to me, if it is possible i will translate it tonight.

User Nr. 2618

Deactivated Account

Apr 8, 2010, 6:47:20 PM via Website

Do have seen the new feature of the site?

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/developers

Im still waiting for the translation file ;)

User Nr. 2618

Evan CABALLERO

Apr 9, 2010, 10:31:09 AM via Website

Hi !

I have tried to send you a private message, in order for you to give me your email address, but without success :( Can you try to do so ?