No regrets

• Replies:6
Randy Merrell
  • Forum posts: 58

Sep 2, 2010, 6:11:29 PM via Website

So I just received my ota (I'm guessing this mean over the air) update to FRG22D. Much better performance than my manual install. Still I'm glad I did it. It was fun to sort of "hack" my phone and be ahead of the crowd for once. Thanks to those brave techies that did the work and put it out there. I'm an old techie that is on his way out but I still like being close to the action. Guess I'll have to look into rooting my phone soon. B) For now it's time to try the Flash download. That's right take that Steve Jobs.

Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 3, 2010, 1:13:29 AM via App

did you get the ota update even though you did a manual install of FRG22D or did you unistall manual update before getting ota update. I also did manual update & just curious if still will get ota.

Randy Merrell

Sep 3, 2010, 2:18:19 AM via Website

I had manually installed FRG018 and received the FRG22D OTA today. I would guess that if you have FRG22D manually installed that is as good as the OTA install and won't be seen by the system.

Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 3, 2010, 6:09:26 AM via App

Oh yea forgot about first update, I did manual updates on both. Do you see any great improvement on your end, I keep reading how some have seen great speed improvements but not sure yet If I'm seeing anything astonishing upgrade in speed.

Randy Merrell

Sep 3, 2010, 6:51:48 PM via Website

Yes it is working smoother animations (GDE desktop) and quicker all around. Also it allowed me to install Flash for the first time.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 6, 2010, 12:46:00 PM via Website

I'm not sure that the Droid/Milestone will be getting another update beyond Android 2.2, so the rooting process might as well be done. Gingerbread is supposed to be mainly destined for tablets, so the device has probably attained the final Android OS that it will get.

— modified on Sep 6, 2010, 12:47:36 PM