Protect your phone aganst theft

• Replies:3
Maria Brambova
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 24, 2011, 6:15:44 PM via Website

Hello Android Pit. I'm new here and Il trying to figuire out how to best secure my phone. If it gets stolen how do I get it back? Ive heard alot about apps that help you locate your phone if it gets stollen. My friend had a website that would take pictures and on the webcam and send out a gps ping or something if it got knicked. Are there apps for Android that do that too? Sorry if it was already discussed but like I said I just got here adn jut got an android so I dont know that much yet.

mondroid
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 22, 2011, 1:02:15 PM via Website

Hello Maria,

SecuDroid does what you are looking for. It does take pictures using the front or rear camera (the one you choose) and sends out an e-mail or MMS with the GPS location.

So far, secudroid is the only app able to do this but since it is fairly new, I think it is not really well known yet.

I tried it on my HTC Desire HD and works great plus it really looks invisible not showing up in the running process/services list.

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers

Adrienne Chan
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 22, 2011, 3:53:01 PM via Website

Do you have to pay for it? And if so how much? Is it a one time fee or do you have to pay for a subscription? I had something like that for my mac but it was really expensive and I cancelled it after a month or two because I couldnt justify it over time.

mondroid
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 22, 2011, 4:20:17 PM via Website

Hi Adrienne,

You have to purchase the app and afterwards you won't have to pay anymore . Just check SecuDroid website for more info.

When I bought it - last week - it was around $1.3 (0.99 euro) which is really cheap and I bet it will eventually go higher as the app becomes popular.

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 4:23:05 PM by moderator