iTunes for Android?

• Replies:15
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 145

May 1, 2013 10:04:38 PM via Website

What do you think, people? Any possibility this will happen? For Apple, that's going to please a huge number of Androidians, but then I've also heard quite a few iPhonians cite iTunes as the reason they're not switching. So Apple would both gain and lose business. From Google's perspective, it's competition with Google Play Music, but there is obviously a much larger percentage of iTunes users than any other music player users. We probably had iTunes before we had Android, and now we're invested. That's me, anyway. Yes, it's easy to get my music over to Android... lots of options. But I'm used to iTunes, and though the inconvenience of moving my music over to Android is minimal, I would be pleased to see an iTunes app for Android.
I don't think so, though. I just don't see that. Google gives Apple its apps, like Google Search, Google Now, Google Maps... but Apple doesn't play well with others.
So, gonna happen? Want it to happen?

HowDoYouAndroid.com

• Forum posts: 38

May 2, 2013 2:52:26 PM via Website

It would be an interesting possibility..........
  • Forum posts: 2

May 2, 2013 6:06:26 PM via Website

That's a good idea.
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2013 7:08:39 PM via Website

To sync iTunes to Android give iSyncr a try.

iSyncr is able to sync iTunes playlists, podcasts, and more to Android.

Best of all, iSyncr works with iTunes. It is not a program that moves you away from iTunes at all.

Sync play counts and ratings from iTunes to Android, then sync the updated play counts and ratings from Android into iTunes.

For an iTunes like experience for your Android device, listen to your music with Rocket Music Player.

jrtstudio.com
  • Forum posts: 91

May 8, 2013 4:37:14 AM via Website

It would be nice for sure but I doubt it can ever happen. I'm not a big fan of Google's music store and I still buy music from iTunes but..... Apple is Apple and they don't share.

May 8, 2013 3:07:51 PM via Website

Chris
To sync iTunes to Android give iSyncr a try.

iSyncr is able to sync iTunes playlists, podcasts, and more to Android.

Best of all, iSyncr works with iTunes. It is not a program that moves you away from iTunes at all.

Sync play counts and ratings from iTunes to Android, then sync the updated play counts and ratings from Android into iTunes.

For an iTunes like experience for your Android device, listen to your music with Rocket Music Player.

jrtstudio.com

Looks like a nice program. No issues with drm protected songs? It's your app? Congrats on the high ratings... pretty sweet!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

May 8, 2013 3:13:34 PM via Website

Dvoraak
It would be nice for sure but I doubt it can ever happen. I'm not a big fan of Google's music store and I still buy music from iTunes but..... Apple is Apple and they don't share.

Yeah, I don't see this happening, either. I really don't care... it's easy to get my music over from iTunes, anyway. Really the only reason I do care is because I consider it my mission in life (well, one of them... I have several) to open the eyes of all I come in contact with to the superiority of Android. Some, in their foolish ways, assume different means bad, and cite lack of iTunes as a reason not to switch. But that's so silly. Copy/paste, people -- not that hard!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

May 9, 2013 1:31:07 AM via Website

Funny timing but I just happened to open up iTunes this morning, hoping to browse and find some new unknown music. It's the first time I've opened it in months and........ Wow! The new iTunes SUCKS! The browsing feature it's all but useless unless you know a specific band to look for. Looks like I'm giving Google Play another try.

Really, the main problem I have with Play is that there isn't a true download option. Yeah, there's "save for offline mode" but it doesn't give you a choice where the music gets stored. I figured if I have to download it to my PC first to install it where I want, I might as well keep using iTunes....'till now.
Thanks Apple for screwing up the last use I had for you.

May 9, 2013 2:15:50 AM via Website

Honestly, you just made me remember something: iTunes is annoying!
Just this afternoon, I was importing Johnny Cash's American II CD, which I got for nuthin' on eBay, and iTunes was so glitchy! Took a long time to just figure out whose CD it was. Um... Johnny Cash. You can't recognize him? And then I was trying to locate some albums from Noisetrade that I didn't like and wanted to delete, and realized I hate the new interface. You're completely right. Why had it never occurred to me to dislike iTunes? Is Apple lacing our coffee?? (Disclaimer: I don't think Apple is lacing our coffee.)
Anyway... what should I try instead? Ack! I don't want to ditch my iPod. I love classics...hold my giant library, and never die! My Nexus 4 doesn't take an SD card, even if I felt like investing in a giant one, which I don't....
OH! The cloud.... riiiiiiiiight. Yeah, I might give that another whirl. Haven't taken a look at play music in quite a few updates.
Thank you, Dvoraak, for pointing out my own nose! (P.S. Your avatar is a tad unsettling...)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

May 9, 2013 3:28:16 AM via Website

Without any good unlimited bandwidth options available to me, I steer away from cloud based music (save the bandwidth for Netflix and Pandora). Storage is why I stick with Samsung :)

P.S. My Ugh Pug thanks you for noticing him. He thinks any attention is good attention :)

May 9, 2013 2:25:02 PM via Website

I think I could be on wifi enough that bandwidth won't be a problem...
I had an S2 before my Nexus 4, and I loved it to death, but I went with Nexus because I wanted to try pure Android. I actually see a big difference in how smooth and fast everything is... even silly things like looking through my gallery. This phone just does not hiccup! Of course, I never rooted, so could be that would have taken care of the glitchiness.
I used an S3 for a while too, and it's quite a beast, but I never cared for the home button. Was bummed to see it again on the S4.
But in other news, so excited to see what I/O unveils!! I hope it's not too gaming-centered. Imagine there's going to be a lot more Ingress type real world immersion coming, don't you think? All I'm really expecting is that it won't be underwhelming, since Google's always got something up its sleeve!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

• Forum posts: 16

Aug 24, 2013 10:14:02 AM via Website

sounds interesting!!!
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 10, 2015 5:24:49 AM via Website

I think it may not be possible. iTunes movies and musics are drm protection. If you want to play them, you need to buy them. I always use Adoreshare M4V Converter Genius to convert them to other formats. I know this is unlawful, but I don't know to buy. So Apple won't let you watch them free.

• Forum posts: 3

Sep 23, 2015 10:36:26 AM via Website

Good idea. I really want that drm becomes the history. It's really inconvenient for the consumers who buy the product with the drm and can't enjoy it fully. That's really awful. Then I had to buy a special drm removal tool (M4VGear) to help me deal with the drm to get the result I want. Really hope DRM will be terminated, and then everybody should be happy.

• Forum posts: 15

Sep 23, 2015 12:39:58 PM via Website

This would be possible as apple make an app to transfer files from ios to android

• Forum posts: 79

Oct 7, 2016 12:05:39 PM via Website

Entertaining planning however I coincidentally opened up iTunes today, wanting to search and locate some new obscure music. It's the first occasion when I've opened it in months and........ Amazing! The new iTunes SUCKS! The perusing highlight it's everything except pointless unless you know a particular band to search for. It would appear that I'm giving Google Play another attempt.

Truly, the primary issue I have with Play is that there isn't a genuine download choice. Definitely, there's "put something aside for disconnected mode" however it doesn't give you a decision where the music gets put away. I assumed if I need to download it to my PC first to introduce it where I need, I should continue utilizing iTunes....'till now.

Much obliged Apple for spoiling the last utilize I had for you.