need help rooting my GS4 SGHi337m

• Replies:2
mrphloid
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 5, 2013, 3:52:22 AM via App

Hi I am new here and to the rooting world.. if someone could please help me find some reliable information that would be awesome! ! I was going to use the CF AUTO ROOT

But it is 6 months old.. . And doesnt say anything about firmware only the model number. .. also do I need to worry about the bootloader? Is mine locked or unlocked? How can I tell? I can't find a recent reliable guide ... :-(
Please help..
Thanks in advance :-)

Posted via Android Central App

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 5, 2013, 12:48:11 PM via Website

Hi mrphloid, we have a few tutorials to help get you started. Here's a guide we wrote a little while ago to help you root your S4. I would suggest you read up on root first to make sure you know what it entails and what you can do with it once you have it. Here's a short introduction to the major terms used in rooting and custom ROMs. Here's some more info about wiping your phone after gaining root access and here's a little more information to help you decide what kind of ROM you want to install on your S4. Here's a basic intro to the major custom ROMs around, and a nice database of custom ROM features created by a member over at XDA Developers. That should give you some bed-time reading to get started with and help you decide what you want to do once you have root access and the many joys of the custom ROM scene. let us know if you have any questions.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

mrphloid
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 8, 2013, 7:22:28 AM via App

hey Kris!

thanks so much for the reply and info but the procedure you linked says " This tutorial is exclusively designed for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 with the Snapdragon 600." .. however my device is a "sgh i337m" ... do you have any info on rooting this device?