Making Nova Launcher my main launcher on my Galaxy III mini

• Replies:3
Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 8, 2014, 8:17:49 PM via Website

I installed the Nova Launcher on my mini and am very happy with it, and see no reason to change to another one. My question is this how do I make it my primary launcher instead of the box launcher that came on it. I have tried following the directions on my phone but the box launchers are still there and i have to reload the Nova launcher every time i go into google+. I have restarted my phone thinking i needed to do that to complete the function i did earlier but that didn't work either...I am at my wits end...

Randall Gautreaux
randallgautreaux@gmail.com

— modified on Apr 8, 2014, 8:18:18 PM

Sufficiently Advanced Apps
  • Forum posts: 27

Apr 8, 2014, 11:36:06 PM via Website

Have you tried clearing the default launcher from the task manager? Next time you press the home button, you should get the option to always use Nova.

Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 9, 2014, 3:08:03 AM via Website

The launchers were called Touch wiz easy home and Touch wiz home. I finally got it straight after 3 hours of doing the task manager thing and then i restarted my phone and it was down to just the Nova launcher and it states in the menu of the Nova launcher that it is the main launcher now. Thanks for the quick response on my problem...

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 9, 2014, 12:07:55 PM via Website

Well, like others have posted try going to the task manager and clear the data and the cache stored by the box launcher and then again try opening the Nova launcher and when this time it ask set it as the default launcher.