How to know about the apps installed on the android device from browser

• Replies:0
Chandan Talukdar
  • Forum posts: 1

May 6, 2014, 2:22:14 PM via Website

Hi,

I am working on a web based mobile application where user can select different applications and when clicked on install, it will open the Google-play-store link for that application. The user can now install the applications from the play-store. But, the playsore will be opened as a separate window. That's how, several playstore windows will be opened if the user selects multiple applications to install. I want the playstore windows to be opened one after another once an installation is completed. But, from the mobile browser (as this is not an apk and uses HTML/Java scripts), it is hard to know whether one app is installed on the device (due to security reasons). I have read about the Google purchase status APIs . But this requires several fields like package-id, product-id, purchase tokens to get the purchase status of the app. Can anyone help me with the scenario that I have mentioned above? Can I use the Google purchase or Google Wallet APIs for my problem ? It would be fine if anyone can suggest any other solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards