Do you pay for apps?

• Replies:40
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

May 26, 2014 8:55:38 AM via Website

I do pay for apps. I currently have 10 paid apps and few paid icon packs. One of my criteria's was for them to have sdcard support. I don't mind paying since its a onetime fee for multiple devices and future phones.

• Forum posts: 3

May 26, 2014 10:44:47 AM via Website

yes i am..............thanks

• Forum posts: 1

May 26, 2014 11:55:19 AM via Website

No.Not at all... :) :D

I just install apks externally,I am an Android Developer,and don't see any points in wasting bucks at the Google Play Store,if I can install them even without root access (albeit,I have root access on my Canvas HD)... :) ;)

— modified on May 26, 2014 11:55:35 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 131

May 27, 2014 5:19:34 PM via App

I don't mind paying for apps. They are usually cheaper than a coffee and I've paid for coffee that doesn't taste very good. I'm an Android Developer and an open source enthusiast. I used to donate 10% of my monthly income to open source projects that contribute to my every day life.

• Forum posts: 4

May 28, 2014 9:28:08 PM via Website

I never pay for apps. or If i need an app which has price tag on it we Downloads its data+APK

• Forum posts: 11

May 29, 2014 8:24:51 AM via Website

Mary Mod

Hey AndroidPIT readers,

How many of you actually pay for apps, or do you only download free apps? What are the key factors you look for before buying the app?

Also, are there any apps you bought which you wished you havn't?

Hi,
Yes I will pay for any app, but several things I will keep in my mind before paying for a mobile app. I will ask some questions like:
1. Is it helpful for me?
2. Is this mobile app important for me?
3. It is easy to use?
4. Does this support advanced platform?
3. How it is beneficial for me?
4. Should I really pay for this app?
I will analyze all the above things that how a mobile application good for me.
If I will get satisfactory answer then I will buy any mobile app.

Jun 3, 2014 6:29:51 AM via Website

I read an article before couple of weeks. It eleborate a survey report that shows that ony 10% smartphone users pay for any mobile app.

• Forum posts: 21

Jun 10, 2014 1:16:19 PM via Website

Actually, I don't mind to pay for an app or two, but most of my apps are free. The key factor is whether I can find a free equivalent with the same features :)

• Forum posts: 708

Jun 11, 2014 8:29:24 AM via App

never did that. some apps have functions to buy paid stuff .like the candy crush game
I crack that apps and make everything free.

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 598

Jun 11, 2014 9:06:03 AM via Website

Never pay for apps or in-app purchases.

Except WhatsApp. And despite the low cost, I resent paying for a subscription to any messaging service when there are dozens of others available for free!

• Forum posts: 14

Jun 18, 2014 10:24:03 AM via Website

for games i dont pay. the apps that i paid are messengers and icams.

• Forum posts: 5

Jul 16, 2014 12:48:51 PM via Website

Nope!You need a credit card I think to buy apps.I don't have one.And I don't like Ads either.I've deleted Google Play Books because I couldn't get any free books without handing out details of my non-existent credit card.

• Forum posts: 2

Jul 16, 2014 1:12:59 PM via Website

I confess Paid only for Whatsapp. Its joy time they are waiving off :)

Mary Mod

Hey AndroidPIT readers,

How many of you actually pay for apps, or do you only download free apps? What are the key factors you look for before buying the app?

Also, are there any apps you bought which you wished you havn't?

• Forum posts: 672

Jul 16, 2014 1:58:31 PM via Website

Diptangshu M.

Nope!You need a credit card I think to buy apps.I don't have one.And I don't like Ads either.I've deleted Google Play Books because I couldn't get any free books without handing out details of my non-existent credit card.

no you dont.
there is mobile payment, giftcards and recently we also have paypal...

MFG/Regards My1

• Forum posts: 4

Aug 12, 2014 12:49:34 AM via Website

Hi, not payed for a single app yet :P I am a new user, only 4 months, so may still buy in the future.
key factors: is a free alternative and does it do what i want? will this app save me time/hastle or give me an edge?

• Forum posts: 672

Aug 22, 2014 9:16:52 AM via Website

Philipp Junghannß (My1)

Diptangshu M.

no you dont.
there is mobile payment, giftcards and recently we also have paypal...

depends on country...

MFG/Regards My1

Sep 1, 2014 7:34:04 AM via Website

I don't mind paying up-front, but I can't stand free apps with in-app purchases, especially the games which you can't beat without paying!

• Forum posts: 88

Sep 1, 2014 11:55:26 AM via Website

Nope, never pay for applications, i just use torrent so that means i am using paid applications but don't pay for it ;), But sometime some applications doesn't work on torrent so at the end if the app really useful to me i would like to pay for it.