Successfully Launch Social Media App on Android

• Replies:6
ready1
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 6, 2014, 3:07:57 AM via Website

Hi All,

Do you know of any social media app that started in Android rather than iOS?

Even though the market consists of 65% Android why does it seem that everyone around me is using iOS?

I have released a new social media app on Google Play called Envii but I think I made a mistake developing for Android first as no one around me is using it.

Do you think this will change? or is iOS the preferred way to launch social media apps first?

Your response would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Jeremy

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 6, 2014, 7:10:58 AM via Website

Well, I am not that much good at General Knowledge but I really don't seem to know about any social media app started over the Android and then move over to the iOS. I think the reason behind this is because iOS was first reveal in 2007 and by the 2008 it has already gain enough popularity, so if you are thinking about social media apps over iOS would be good then I would say that has happened just because of the popularity. Look what makes the application popular is their functionality and problem solving approach I don't think that you regret that oh my gosh because others are developing application over the iOS platform and I have developed the application over the Android is going to drag me to the bottom. In fact I would say think it like this you're application is over the platform having 81% of the market share which means that your application can get more users while this is not feasible over the iOS. Anyway I have gone over the Google PlayStore an have a look onto your application Envii, I have looked over the screen shots but I guess your application is not supported by my tab2 :( So I am unable to install it ! I would say just focus over the functionality and features you will get head start. You can promote your free app over our Let me show you my application section. (lightbulb)

ready1

Aug 6, 2014, 10:35:55 AM via Website

Hi John,

Not sure why it's not available for your tablet but will try and sort that out.

Anyways, Thank you so much for your kind insight and me and my partner will work on a better marketing plan and stick with Android. I just find it frustrating how hard it is to get your name out there.

Regards,
Jeremy

alex
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 7, 2014, 9:49:57 AM via Website

So you need to find some Android users to test your app and give you advises.

ready1

Aug 7, 2014, 10:59:05 AM via Website

Hi alex,

Yes I am after advise from people who has successfully launched a social media app and how they went about it?

ready1

Aug 7, 2014, 11:00:05 AM via Website

Hi John,

I will post an update with a new android manifest that allows tablet install. Will let you know when its ok to try out.

Regards,
Jeremy