• Replies:0
Alex Kiraly
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 6, 2014, 7:10:49 PM via Website

The Google Play ID: com.kiralycraft.smartshare

Download: PC Client > -IN GOOGLE PLAY DUE TO ANDROIDPIT'S POLICY-
Current version of the client is 1.1
+++Java is required on your computer to run this client+++
NOTE: JRE 1.8 compatibility fixed, no more errors and should work for everyone!

SmartShare is a one of a kind application for sharing files with your computer!
The main feature of SmartShare is the ease of use, and lack of settings. All you have to do is to download one application on your Android device, and also one on your computer.
The minimum required Android OS is 2.3.3.
Features list:

No advertisments, ever!
Instant discovery: The computer will automatically find your device when sending, and vice versa! No need to manually connect the two. No browser needed to transfer the files.
Transfer files at 12 MB/s (only if your router can handle 100 mbps wifi speed)
Share any kind of file, from mp3 to archives.
Ease of use: It has almost NO settings to configure! You don't have to waste time configuring the settings, because they only consist of 3 checkboxes on your Android device, and 2 on your computer!
It does not use external servers, not even an Internet connection. All you need is your computer and device to be on the same Wifi network. If you don't have a router, you can temporarily create a hotspot on your device.
Integrate in explorer feature: Right click on a file -> Send to -> Send as SmartShare
Lightweight PC client
Uses almost no battery
Integrated in Android: Just hit the Share button and "Share via Kiraly SmartShare"

Quick tutorial:
1. Install the app on your Android device
2. Run the app once on your computer
3. Read everything, click Agree
4. On the "Integration Settings" tab, make sure "Enabled" is checked
5. On the "Receive Folder" tab, eventually change the default folder. Make sure you select a folder!
6. On the "Service Settings" tab, make sure "Run at Startup" is checked, and the service is running.
NOTE: The service is running if the "Start service" button is grayed out, while the "Stop Service" button is not, and vice versa.
NOTE2: The service will enable your computer to receive files from your device.
7. Done.
NOTE: To receive files on your Android device, the service must be running on your device..

Please note that this is my first application that is designed to be used as an everyday utility, and reporting eventual bugs would mean a lot. Please tell me if you need a feature, and I will add it in the next version.
Please leave a rate, i am currently unknown and making all applications free. This is the most you can do at the moment.