android background process- need help

• Replies:1
Hadar Szostak
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 22, 2015, 8:43:47 AM via Website

Hi there,

I'm developing an app that calculates an algorithm at the background. Since the application starts, till it ends.
This is a tracking algorithm (with now further explanation about the algorithm operation principles).

So the background task need to be calculated at all screens on the app regardless of user actions on app, clicks, wifi communication messages (already done on app) , everything needs to be done while the algorithm is running at the background.

Is it an AsyncTask ?
If not what else?
The application is running and the algorithm is being calculated at a specific screen now, i want to make it a background process with no respect to current application screen.

An example will be appreciated

P.S- Further developing , do not need to be discussed if not needed right now:
1. The next stage is to insert an indication (virtual bulb) that change between to states depends on algorithm result each time.
2. The algorithm is getting data from USB device attached to the phone as the phone is the host using FTDI chip.

shre1811
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 29, 2015, 5:07:37 PM via Website

i think you should use a Service.
" A Service is an application component representing either an application's desire to perform a longer-running operation while not interacting with the user or to supply functionality for other applications to use."

Please look at the android developers site for more details