Need help getting an APK -- Region and device locked

• Replies:2
rotpeter
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 30, 2015, 7:49:40 PM via Website

Hey guys,

I hope you guys can provide me some much needed help.

First, the context:

I'm a diabetic and just got a new blood glucose meter -- one that supports bluetooth connections to smartphones that is.

The only problem: The companion app to manage the occuring values is locked to the Galaxy S line -- if by license or ease of support I don't know --, which is a device I don't own. Since my Xperia Z1 Compact should be up for the task anyway, I wanted to try out, if the App works regardless of the supported devices and tried to download it. Of course any such attempt is blocked.

Now I wanted to ask you, if there's any way to bypass that nonsense. The app is free, so it should not be illegal, right?

Does anyone know, how to procede?

FYI the app is called "ACCU-CHEK® Connect App". As a new user I'm not allowed to post links, so you'll have to find it yourselves, I'm sorry. :-(

I seriously hope someone's able to help me. Without the app, the glucose meter is only able to fulfill half of its intended use. Maybe someone could even provide me with the APK file?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Best regards
rotpeter

PS: Excuse my English, it's a little bit rusty and only fueled by watching English tv shows as of recent. ;-)

Andrew Albano
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 2, 2015, 6:15:49 AM via Website

Sorry for you to I am in the same lock when it comes to apk's I am with a Sony Xpedia Z 4 and so few are downloadable only from play store allowed however I also am with an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 that is allowed apks

nick lucas
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 7, 2015, 5:45:40 PM via Website

You could try sideloading an apk and directly installing it on your device. I do it all the time. For instance youtube for kids is not available in india. I downloaded from here (apkmonk.com/download-youtube-kids-1-05-5-apk/) and got it working on my nexus 5 even though it is not available from play store in india.