12 ways to promote your apps

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 100

Aug 28, 2015 6:13:08 AM via Website

Before introducing an app to the world, I always ask myself "Will people like it?". Then I think "I have spent a lot of energy and thinking on it. At least some people will like it." Then I ask myself "How can those people reach my app?". THAT IS THE QUESTION. No matter how wonderful our apps are, if it can't reach people, It loses. I believe apps are meant to made for someone, not everyone. Someone will like it.

So I would like to share with you guys some of my experience on how to promote our apps.

1) Video Marketing The video marketing is important tool for internet advertising. We can explain the features of our apps by creating videos. The videos can be placed on various websites to attract the audience. This can serve as great tool for promotion of android apps.

2) Use of Social media We can use various social websites such as Face-book, twitter, linked-In, You-tube for promotion of android apps.

3) Publish apps reviews You can have reviews in the form of small description about your app,
ratings of the apps, review date. This will help people know about the android apps.

4) Forums & Blog posting We can participate in the forums & blog posting for the marketing of the android apps. It will help to share the information about our apps.

5) Swap banner ads You can publish your ad on other website giving same service as you, ask him to place his ad on your website. The banners will help to direct the audience to app stores.

6) Free trails Serve some of the features at free of cost. So that the users can analyze the features, ask user to put feedback. This will help to promote your apps.

7) Showcase app in website If you existing website for the service you provide then you can showcase the apps there and redirect the users to the main description page of apps.

8) Press Release We can share the information about the apps by having press release.

9) Email Marketing This can serve as great tool for promotion. We can share our apps information by sending emails to people , groups.Mass email all your users and friend, and encourage them to download the app and give it a high ranking.

10) Advertising outlets Advertising is a great idea for any kind of app. Get to know the sites where the website fits to your app category and buy some ad space to promote app.You can even contact few bloggers who are willing to put up ads for your app or even for review it. Popularizing app through advertising promotions is a great way to reach large number of people and get a good user base.

11) Newsletters Publishing newsletters for the apps promotion will help in increasing the audience for your apps.

12) App directories & article posting This can serve as great tool for generating quality traffic for the android apps.

I know this is a bit general. Feel free to ask me to clarify any of those ways so that you can understand it.
if you like it. Please hit the "thank" button. :)

— modified on Aug 28, 2015 6:13:51 AM

As the largest mobile content distribution platform from Vietnam, Adsota is ideally positioned to help worldwide mobile publishers get the highest possible return on unused ad inventory

Support Pay per install, Video to install, reward board
100% ads fill-rate
Competitive CPIs from prestige advertisers

• Forum posts: 16

Oct 12, 2015 5:13:12 PM via Website

Hey there,

Have a look at the app wallet by hiten Vasnani... It's easily searchable on Google play... My question is what is an easy way to advertise an app like that? It is not my app but my friend is asking advice... Thanks

• Forum posts: 3

Aug 31, 2016 3:27:15 PM via Website

Thanks Paulie for this great information. :):)

• Forum posts: 16

Sep 7, 2016 5:09:36 AM via Website

Thank you for sharing! It's just in time! I just put my first app on the GooglePlay Store and figuring out how to showcase to people

• Forum posts: 10

Sep 8, 2016 8:04:58 AM via Website

Thanks for such a great information. some more which will help to promote apps......
1) Optimize your listing
2) Use email signatures
3) Leverage your website
4) Make a video
5) Blog/guest blog

• Forum posts: 14

Sep 8, 2016 8:23:24 AM via Website

Useful sharing for the developers out there. These tips could help developers to promote their app well

• Forum posts: 12

Sep 21, 2016 2:04:07 PM via Website

It is so difficult nowadays to promote apps (I feel). Always wondering what people actually did to get their apps with millions of downloads.

• Forum posts: 32

Oct 14, 2016 1:12:53 PM via Website

amazing information shared with us regarding promotion tips for any app. it is very useful.

• Forum posts: 4

Oct 19, 2016 10:29:22 AM via Website

A detailed list of app promotion. Nice Work Paulie but you can also do Image submission, Infographic, Slideshare also

• Forum posts: 67

Oct 19, 2016 11:37:32 AM via Website

i will attempt to give you appropriate strategy for application advancement

• Build a microsite-This maybe a couple pager showcases your application to the web group of onlookers. ...

• Build a mystery site

• Start a blog

• Share your substance

• Create an item video

• Get squeeze, huge amounts of it

• Pitch to application survey sites

• Contact bloggers who might mind

• Always be gathering messages

• Use Dubbler

• Post on Pinterest

• Manually select clients

• make a Facebook assemble

• Get talking openings

• Be over the top about determining negative surveys.