How to recover Viber Contacts Chatt History if you by mistake Hit Clear Data

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 30, 2015 1:34:24 AM via Website

I would like to ask is it possible to recover viber chatt history of contacts if you by mistake has hit the clear data button on viber app info settings on Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus Andriod phone?

• Forum posts: 14

Oct 30, 2015 3:45:37 AM via Website

Hi, I think there's a possible way to do that. I have found related guidelines on how to recover your messages online. There is an android recovery tool for that.

• Forum posts: 1

Dec 25, 2015 9:15:18 AM via Website

Have you ever backed up your Viber messages?

There are two backup options at your disposal. One is provided through the Viber app and creates a backup file(sent by Email in form of CSV) with your message data, but cannot be restored to your device. The other only for iOS not Android, through iTunes or iCloud, will create both a backup file of your entire device's data and an option to restore to your iOS device.

If you have, you can get back deleted Viber Messages from either backup.

1. Download the CSV file from your Email site, but cannot be restored to your phone. (for both Android and iPhone)

2. Restore your iPhone from iTunes or iCloud back up, which is risky to lose more data. (only for iOS device)

Hope it will help you!

More info about Recovering deleted Viber Messages (better ways):
How to Backup & Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone
Easy Ways to Backup & Restore Viber Messages On Android

• Forum posts: 18

May 27, 2016 9:57:13 AM via Website

A backup can help.

• Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2016 11:51:47 AM via Website

Now we can backup Viber as a feature on the latest version. If no backup, try iReparo for Android.

• Forum posts: 5

Oct 25, 2016 9:31:18 AM via Website

Don't worry, you can also recover your Viber chat history with android recovery tool as long as you haven't overwritten the space by adding now contents. So what is needed to mention is that you should restore data as soon as possible once the data were lost. Because, there is always cases like deleting data by accident. Back up your Android data regularly is also recommended.