Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — How to delete a google account from my phone?

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 21, 2016 11:39:01 PM via Website

Hi gurus,

I have a Samsung S4 Active with Android version 5.0.1. A friend of mine logged into my phone with his google account, everything was fine but now I want to get rid of his account but can´t find the option to do it. I went to settings ----->accounts¨ and can see his account¨but there is no option to remove it from my phone. How can I do this? I will appreciate your help.
Thanks

• Forum posts: 135

Sep 22, 2016 1:37:39 AM via Website

Hi. I am not sure how samsung works now. I used to have an Galaxy Pocket. I have to do a reset to remove the google account.
Try this: settings>accounts> , click on google account, when you see his gmail there click on it. See if you find that 3 point upper right side. The same three point you access your favorites of google chrome.
Try to see if there is an option to remove account.
My aunt has a LG tablet and it does not allow too.... My Sony Xperia allows me to remove without reset the device

• Forum posts: 2

Sep 23, 2016 1:16:19 AM via Website

Thank you all for your answers. I already tried that move but the menu button ( 3 dots) is not available. I don´t know if it has to do with the android version (5.0.1) but I have seen different Android phones and they all have this option. Maybe there is another way to delete the account, but so far I can´t find it. If you have another idea, please let me know so I can give a try.
Thks

• Forum posts: 5

Sep 24, 2016 9:04:19 PM via Website

Just go to settings of your phone and open accounts. From there you can delete your any account.

• Forum posts: 10

Sep 26, 2016 4:34:46 AM via Website

Just go to settings of your phone and open accounts. From there you can delete your any account.

Right

• Forum posts: 3

Sep 26, 2016 7:27:10 AM via Website

Firstly, Go to device setting, click on account tab, click on google account, first you need to stop sync , on this device n by pressing and holding the Left soft key beside home Button.click on remove account.