Android Studio Lags And Freezes Frequently

• Replies:0
Priyansh Bhatt
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 4, 2017, 3:32:35 PM via Website

Hi,

Recently Android Studio started lagging and freezing on my laptop. I mean it works normally until something or some process tries to close it.

Whenever I select the 'close project' option from the menu, the app freezes and doesn't respond, even when I try to close it from the main close button the app freezes permanently. The only way to close Android Studio is to force close it through task manager.

This issue has started just a week ago, I was using Android Studio 2.2 (the older one despite the upgrade being available) and suddenly the app started experiencing problems. I tried to find a way out, but to no avail.

Frustrated, I removed the app, downloaded the latest version and installed it. Despite all this, even the new version is facing the same issues. This wasn't hampering my productivity this much until recently, now, I can't open some other project, updated the android studio or do anything except change the last opened file (the one which gets opened by default). Rest all features are working perfectly.

Can you please help me find a way out of this problem, it has become a major nuisance now.

Also, whenever in this post I mentioned 'app', I meant the Android Studio application.