Whatsapp Backup

• Replies:3
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 30, 2018 12:50:50 AM via Website

So I got a new phone a year ago and had a new whatsapp account and had to add contacts again and new conversations.

Today I found the backup for my whatsapp account on my old phone from July 2016 and I wondered whether I'd be able to retrieve my old conversations but also keep my new ones from the past year? Like merge them together? Or if that's not possible if I could still see the old conversations in some other way?

My old phone doesn't work, I think something was wrong with its battery. It comes on for like a few seconds and then dies again.

Thanks in advance

• Forum posts: 9

Sep 12, 2018 8:23:56 AM via Website

What's model of you old phone?If it's samsung.Maybe below could help you.

The Samsung WhatsApp Data Recovery is a professional recovery tool to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data from Samsung phone. It supports to restore WhatsApp data like WhatsApp chat history, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp videos, WhatsApp attachments and other Samsung data from Samsung Phone.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 13, 2018 9:28:15 AM via Website

Don't worry if you have your old phone number then you can easily get that backup.
just follow down these simple steps.
1) sign in to whatsapp with your old number
2) phone will tell you to restore your old backup (from 2016 or whatever backup you're talking about)
3) once signed in then go to the whatsapp settings->Account->Change Number
4) Change your new(Existing) number and there you go.
Tell me if it worked.

Helpful?

Recommended articles