Samsung S6 black screen

• Replies:5
Crisclea
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 5, 2020, 11:16:28 PM via Website

Don't know the details. But came home to find girlfriend's Samsung S6 active with black screen, she said phone fell off bed, picked it up and had black screen, she did a internet search tried some things, doesn't remember what. Now still black screen, with the words "recovery booting" slowly flashing upper left corner and every one to two minutes a image of android with the words "installing system update " appears for a couple seconds any idea to bring this phone back ?

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jun 6, 2020, 1:57:47 AM via Website

Bring it to a repair shop

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jun 6, 2020, 5:35:37 AM via Website

Have a try to boot into Samsung Recovery Mode manually.

1. Shut down your Samsung device completely by pressing the power button or reinstalling battery.

2. Press and hold the Power key, Volume Up button and Home button at the same time. Release them when you see the Samsung logo.

3. Wait for a while after the Android robot icon disappearing. Then you will see the Android system recovery menu where you can choose to reboot system, wipe cache partition, apply update and other options.

4. Choose to reboot system.

If this does not yet work for your device, you will have to bring it to a Samsung Customer Service Center for help.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
James8859
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 16, 2020, 5:26:03 AM via Website

Hey, I don't know the proper answer about this, but the same thing happened with my Samsung phone. I was watching a movie which I found on sd movies point while I was sitting on my couch, then I wanted some popcorns so I stood up. Unfortunately, my phone was in my lap and it fell on the floor from the screen side. What I did was, I went to a mobile repair shop and now my phone is working. I would suggest you do the same.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Jun 16, 2020, 8:49:46 AM via Website

Is your phone still under warranty?

Helpful?
EricaR
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 13, 2020, 10:40:57 AM via Website

The device seems to be stuck in recovery boot..Hard reset will solve this issue..Visit Samsung community..you can find the exact way to do it

Helpful?
James Watson