Linking WhatsApp with more than one phone Samsung

• Replies:2
Meg
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 2, 2023, 6:31:01 PM via Website

Dear Community
I have a old phone with Whatsapp installed already. I have a new phone with current WhatsApp. I want to know the possibility on how to link old phone with current phone without losing the old conversations in old phone.
For example, I have a group named A in old phone chats and same group A in new phone Whatsapp chats.
How to link both phones WhatsApp without losing past history.
When I changed to new phone ,
I could not transfer Whatsapp chats from old phone because my old phone could not be opened at all. Now the old phone is working again. Presently , I just connect to old phone Whatsapp messages by shifting my same phone number. I want to retain messages from old phone because I have study material. It proves to be difficult task to transfer all messages from Whatsapp.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 3, 2023, 8:57:35 AM via Website

Have you tried some professional WhatsApp transfering utility software, such as Dr.fone?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Tx Finds
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 4, 2023, 6:27:27 AM via Website

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to link your old phone with your current phone without losing the old conversations in your old phone. WhatsApp does not support this feature.

The only way to transfer your old WhatsApp conversations to your new phone is to back them up to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or iCloud. Once the backup is complete, you can restore it to your new phone.

If you did not back up your old WhatsApp conversations before you switched to your new phone, then you will not be able to transfer them. You will need to start over with a clean slate.

Here are the steps on how to back up and restore WhatsApp conversations:

Backing up WhatsApp conversations

Open WhatsApp on your old phone.
Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
Select "Settings".
Tap on "Chats".
Tap on "Chat backup".
Select the frequency for backing up your conversations.
Tap on "Back up now".
Restoring WhatsApp conversations

Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
Open WhatsApp and sign in with your phone number.
When prompted, tap on "Restore".
WhatsApp will restore your conversations from the latest backup.

Helpful?