Using the Frontfacing Lens during a WhatsApp Conversation

• Replies:3
  • Answered
Skeezicks
  • Forum posts: 25

Nov 15, 2023, 9:27:53 PM via Website

During a recent WatsApp video conversation I wanted to show my back yard to whom I was talking. I couldn't get the phone to use the front-facing camera because I couldn't find anything that would let me switch cameras, All I could see on the display was the person I was talking to, and myself in the lower right corner.

So I finally just turned the camera around, but that way I couldn't see what I was videoing. Is there a way I can see what I am videoing?

I'm using a Pixel 7 Pro phone (and am pretty new at this WhatsApp stuff).

Best answer
Rubens Eishima
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 126

Nov 20, 2023, 11:32:04 AM via Website

During video chats there is usually a camera icon to switch between the back and front cameras on the phone.

Be sure to download the latest WhatsApp version on the Google Play Store, and then check if there is a camera icon there

Helpful?
Skeezicks
Skeezicks
  • Forum posts: 25

Dec 2, 2023, 9:48:30 PM via Website

Rubens Eishima

During video chats there is usually a camera icon to switch between the back and front cameras on the phone.

Be sure to download the latest WhatsApp version on the Google Play Store, and then check if there is a camera icon there

I'm using version 2.23.24.82.

— modified on Dec 7, 2023, 3:19:24 AM

Helpful?
Ellie401
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 8, 2023, 4:14:56 PM via Website

During a WhatsApp video call on your Pixel 7 Pro, swipe up or look for a camera icon to switch between the front and back cameras. This way, you can see what you are recording during the call.

Helpful?
Skeezicks