Devide Arts has been creating some innovative and challenging games for the iphone and now they are porting them to Android. Their first port, Welcome To Hell, is a gore driven zombie first person shooter with stunning graphics and even 3D sound, oh yes, you hear 'em creeping up from behind you.
Android games are still in an infant stage, but they are quickly progressing. Waves of new 3D titles have started to emerge after the release of the Motorola Droid and Nexus One. Google knows this and has made it their mission to give away as many free phones as possible to any developer looking to make an app. We expect a ton of mobile announcements next week during the Game Developers Conference (which Google is sponsoring).
One new developer making the jump to Android is DVide Arts which has two games currently in the making. Their first title is Welcome to Hell which is a 3D first person shooter centered around zombies. The goal of the game is to “destroy waves of hellish undead zombies before they destroy you.” A second title called Crusade of Destiny is a full scale massive 3D RPG.
Welcome to Hell should be out in May and the game features include:
* Blood and gore delivered in stunning 3D.
* Multiple weapons to unlock.
* 3D sound positioning. Hear the horror come from behind!
* High quality sound effects and original music soundtracks each with individual volume controls.
* Multiple languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Polish.
See a video of the game on a Nexus One here:
* Raging Thunder II is coming out soon from Polar Bit. I hope to write a review on this game, I'll keep you all posted.