Think you know everything there is to know about Android's latest OS? If, like me, you're not so adept when it comes to arguing with friends over the benefits of ICS over its competitors (besides highlighting special features like Android Beam and Face Unlock) then you'll want to continue reading.
Here are a few of the best Android Ice Cream Sandwich features you've probably never heard about:
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich can save all of your e-mails from the past 30 DAYS for offline browsing! We knew it had cacheing power, but damn!
- You can also save webpages for offline browsing, for those times when you're using your phone in Airplane mode but don't want to miss this morning's headlines.
- ICS's browser allows you to leave up to 16 webpages open at the same time. Boom!
- There's now an equalizer baked into ICS, allowing you to mess with bass and 3D effects.
- Android's new dictation software allows you to add smiley faces to text messages simply by saying "smiley face." Ha. A small thing, but nice, no?
- About that dictation software: it seems to have improved quite a lot over older versions, and can update messages as you talk, rather than forcing you to wait for it to process your statement.
- The visual voicemail API is buried in the software, meaning it'll probably be used by various carriers on future permutations of ICS on other devices. But yay! Visual voicemail is a real treat.
- ICS contains software that can read the temperature and humidity of the air around it. Yes, you heard right, folks: future Androids are one step closer to becoming full on personal meteorologists.
MOST POPULAR ARTICLE
|1||Samsung Galaxy S8 price, release date, specs and rumors|
|2||WhatsApp beta gets Gboard GIF support|
|3||OnePlus 2 Android update: OxygenOS 3.5.8 rolling out without Nougat|
|4||Android 7.0 Nougat update overview for smartphones and tablets|
|5||Best Android camera phones: which are the top on the market?|