Wonton Drop

• Replies:4
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 31, 2010, 10:25:57 AM via Website

The object of the game is to catch the falling wontons into the pot, and avoid catching the Android Robots.

This is my first game into the Android Market! I wanted to create a fun little game to kill time with. Read the tutorial page for further instructions.

Feedback is welcome =)

http://wonton-games.blogspot.com/

Lynn Kowk
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 31, 2010, 10:58:25 AM via Website

[content removed by moderator]

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 11:34:34 AM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 31, 2010, 1:34:23 PM via Website

It plays just fine, and the graphics while playing are great. Here are some suggestions:

In the tutorial, mention that catching an Android reduces the power meter, as that happened to me, and I was surprised.
Include a better quality image of a wonton for the start screen (the one with the chopsticks).

Creative/graphics-wise, everything but the wonton looks great. I can try and make you one (or all) if you would like, you just have to to tell me the size requirements and the file type needed, and I'll try and make one (if you are interested.) Also, maybe including a ladle and a wok in the game screen background would be an interesting addition.

It looks like a really great game!

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 1:34:47 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 31, 2010, 7:48:42 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
It plays just fine, and the graphics while playing are great. Here are some suggestions:

In the tutorial, mention that catching an Android reduces the power meter, as that happened to me, and I was surprised.
Include a better quality image of a wonton for the start screen (the one with the chopsticks).

Creative/graphics-wise, everything but the wonton looks great. I can try and make you one (or all) if you would like, you just have to to tell me the size requirements and the file type needed, and I'll try and make one (if you are interested.) Also, maybe including a ladle and a wok in the game screen background would be an interesting addition.

It looks like a really great game!

Is it just the wonton in the splash screen you don't like or all the wontons in the game? We made it look "pixelated" by design to make it seem more like a retro game, or 8-bit game. We liked the idea of having a clean crisp logo with the 8-bit wonton. But if you really hate it I will look into changing it up.

I will redo the tutorial and add in that the power meter goes down when you catch an Android.

Thanks again for the comment Douglas! Very helpful, I greatly appreciate feedback.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 1, 2010, 7:18:38 AM via Website

I was talking only about the splash screen. It makes sense now that you explain it, but if I didn't know that, I likely would've thought you just expanded a much smaller picture, and pixelated it, but were too lazy to fix it. I really am not trying to seem like a jerk, but that was one of the thoughts in my head (and I think that if you want real constructive feedback, first impressions should be presented), as the retro gaming scene was not part of my view of the apps yet.

It may give the wrong impression to the app users, but it may give the right impression with others, and I just think differently. I suppose the decision really just depends on how strongly you want to present your app developer team as a retro game team. Just something for you to think about.

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 7:20:59 AM