Setting prices for apps on AndroidPIT

• Replies:3
Stewart Sims
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 25, 2010, 1:23:43 PM via Website

How come the price for any app released onto AndroidPIT is automatically the price of the app at the Android Market?

I believe developers should be allowed to set different prices at different market places. For example AndroidPIT has no licensing mechanism and in order to negate this effect I would like to set a slightly higher price for my apps on AndroidPIT.

Additionally I may decide I prefer AndroidPIT for release of a certain type of app, so I may then decide to lower the price on AndroidPIT.

Why is this not possible?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 25, 2010, 9:12:19 PM via Website

Are you talking about apps in general, or an app that you have uploaded to the AndroidPIT app center? If you have uploaded an app to the AndroidPIT, there should be a way to determine how much you want to charge for an app. I'll see if I can get a response from someone more in-the-know regarding this question.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 25, 2010, 9:20:33 PM via Website

Hopefully this helps some:
the prices in the AndroidPIT app center can be different for tax reasons.

Google always displays net prices and adds VAT depending on the country.

We always display gross prices including German VAT.

— modified on Nov 25, 2010, 9:20:45 PM

Stewart Sims
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 25, 2010, 10:14:37 PM via Website

I'm talking about apps I've uploaded to the AndroidPIT app center as a developer.

Thanks for your help, but what I mean is that there seems to be no way for us as developers to set a price of our own for apps. When we upload the price is simply retrieved from the Android Market and placed on the app and there is no way to alter this (other than the tax settings).