As of today - July 21st / 22nd - I received a Software update from Verizon Wireless
(Software Update 4.08.605.15710RD
) which took about 20 minutes for my HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
to complete .... has anyone else received this prompt from Verizon Wireless
For further info, please visit (& you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view these PDF Files) - I. http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/incredible.pdf
Device Features, Improvements & Fixes
+ Record and send a Visual Voice Mail to up to 10 recipients while seeing all parties in a list.
+ Improvements made in Bluetooth® Car connectivity.
Applications & Widgets
+ Resolved issue where purchased Verizon App ringtones could not be saved to the device.II.http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/incredible_instructions.pdfOverview
To help you with the mandatory system update for your Incredibl by HTC, this page contains the following information:
System Update Instructions
System Update while You Are Roaming
Here are a few hints to make the process quick and easy:
It will take you approximately 5-10 minutes to download the software, depending on network conditions.
Once you download the software, the next step is to install it onto the device. Installation should take up to 20 additional minutes. Keep in mind that during the installation you will be unable to make or receive calls, including emergency calls.
Note: The size for this software upgrade is 18.9 MB.System Update Instructions
1. You will be notified that a system update is available on your device. Touch Download and the download will begin.
2. Touch Install Now and the software update will begin. Installation will begin immediately. The device will reboot 3 times then enter system without setup wizard.
3. Users can check the status of their software, or check for new software updates, by going to Settings > Software update > Status
(or Check New
).System Update While You Are Roaming
If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. To update your device while you are roaming, you will need to be in an area where Wi-Fi is available.
1. Begin by enabling Wi-Fi on your device.
2. To enable Wi-Fi go to "Settings" > "Wireless & networks". Touch "Wi-Fi" to enable
3. Select a Wi-Fi network. Once you are connected, an update notification will appear on your device.
If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.
If the update fails again, please visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/contactus
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform
this download, visit http://verizonwireless.com/droidincrediblesupport